Voting is now open in the Ultimate Game of the Year 2019 category for this year’s Golden Joystick Awards. The voting shortlist is only open for one week, so vote now for your game of 2019. Voting closes on Friday November 1st at 5pm GMT.
The shortlisted games are:
- Apex Legends (EA / Respawn Entertainment)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Activision Blizzard / Infinity Ward)
- Control (505 Games / Remedy Entertainment)
- Disco Elysium (Studio ZA/UM / Studio ZA/UM)
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Nintendo / Intelligent Systems)
- Gears 5 (Xbox Game Studios / The Coalition)
- Outer Wilds (Annapurna Interactive / Mobius Digital)
- Resident Evil 2 (Capcom / Capcom)
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Activision / FromSoftware)
- Telling Lies (Annapurna Interactive / Furious Bee)
- The Outer Worlds (Private Division / Obsidian Entertainment)
- Untitled Goose Game (House House / Panic Inc.)
Daniel Dawkins, Content Director, Games and Film at GamesRadar+ said:
“As this console generation reaches maturity, we’ve never seen such a diverse field of Ultimate Game of the Year nominees: free-to-play shooters, the rebirth of FMV storytelling, hardcore RPGs and a meme-generating goose. Based on Golden Joystick Awards voting so far, indie games are more than capable of competing with AAA blockbusters, and this UGOTY shortlist is too close to call. The Ultimate Game of the Year award – now in its 37th year – holds a special place in the industry’s affections since it is voted for by the people who buy and play games. Every vote makes a difference.”
The main event will be hosted by comedian Danny Wallance, with a pre-show, hosted by Alix Wilton Regan. The whole event will be live streamed via the Golden Joystick’s Twitch channel from 3:30pm GMT, so viewers can follow all the action live on the night.
The Golden Joystick Awards honour the games and developers that have transformed the global games industry in 2019. The event features over 20 categories, the majority of which are voted for by the public. The event was first held in 1983 and since then it has grown to become the world’s largest public voted gaming awards brand.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here