In the August monthly update for Rust, the popular sandbox survival game for PC, comes a range of bug fixes, improvements and items. Live Thursday August 6th at 7pm BST, the update features improvements to modular vehicles, lets players harvest berries to craft teas with unique stat boosters, build new deployable barricades and harness their MIDI devices to create cinematics or screenshots.
- Stat-boosting Teas, Berries and Mixing Table – Players can now craft a range of stat-boosting teas, via berries found in the wild or grown through farming. On their own berries restore a small amount of calories and hydration, but by using a mixing table, a new deployable, players can mix them together to create new recipes and boost different stats.
A new Boosts system displays these and their duration within the UI, but for further information players can hover over the new Boosts icon on the character screen. This will list any current boosts, their values and their remaining durations.
- MIDI Binding – Players can now use MIDI devices (keyboard or controller) to change a range of convars, such as time of day, camera controls and depth of field. These functions are only accessible by server admins, however they can also be used during demo playback for cinematic-related controls.
If players don’t own a MIDI hardware device, they can use a software solution. The clip below demonstrates using a mobile/tablet app to send MIDI notes to Rust:
Visit the MIDI Binding Page on the Rust Wiki for details on how to setup MIDI convar binds.
- Wooden Barricade Cover – This new deployable provides great cover during firefights and decays rapidly when placed outside of the building privilege.
- Roof Corners – Improving upon previous options, players can now fill in corners of their structures depending on the surrounding roof blocks. Triangle roof blocks are also available to ensure a smooth continuity across a triangle footprint.
- Armoured Passenger Module – This new addition to modular vehicles removes the driver’s seat and adds two passenger seats, along with metal panels for the front windows to add extra protection. The armoured cockpit module has also had a visual update to better differentiate it from the new passenger module.
- Modular Vehicles –The vehicle lift bounds have been updated so it can now fit in a T-shaped area.
- Cars on a powered vehicle lift will no longer decay
- Fixed a bug that affected all vehicles where the inside/outside check could return the wrong result, so parking inside should now always correctly slow down the decay rate.
- Engine internal items will also no longer decay along with the car.
- Individual panels now have their own gibs, rather than just disappearing when damaged.
- Off-road driving now has reduced collision damage and reduced damage to engine internal components, plus an improved ability to climb hills.
Collisions with humans or animals now apply a force and damage back to the car itself.
Learn more about the update in the blog.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here