Today Nkidu Games Inc along with Two PM Studios release their new title ‘The Thin Silence’ a narrative adventure game told through the introspection and recollection of Ezra Westmark. A journey of though his self-imposed exile to forgiveness and hope.
The Thin Silence is available now on Steam, Humble Bundle, and Itcho.io for $9.99/ £7.19 with a 10% launch discount. If you purchase a copy of the game ever copy sold, 10 cents will goto the CheckPoint Organisation, anot-for-profit organisation which connects mental health resources with video games and technology.
“When we started making The Thin Silence, we didn’t know we were making a game about mental health. I wasn’t really comfortable with that being a leading theme of the game for a lot of development. There’s a lot of shame and fear about opening up about these things, video games are “fun” after all. Seeing Checkpoint’s work is part of what made me feel like we could and should make a statement and share our perspectives.” – Ben Follington, Technical Director
EXPERIENCE THE STORY
- Enjoy 5 hours of unique and varied challenges driven by a fresh item-vs-environment interaction mechanic.
- Experience breathtaking vistas and quiet contemplation.
- Featuring a moving original score by LightFrequency.
- Over 40 unique in-game documents.
- Mostly believable hacking sequences.