Microsoft is a large company known not only for its products such as PC, services, software but also for issuing IT certifications and providing training for candidates that aim to be Microsoft certified. Microsoft certifications relate such categories as cloud, mobility, data, productivity, app builder and business application. Being Microsoft certified is very prestigious and makes the process of building a career in IT easier. Microsoft Office 365 alone dominates the professional IT world. Mastering it requires a good knowledge of Office 365 migration and the challenges related to it.
That’s why most choose this vendor to be certified by.
To know more about Microsoft vendor, click the links below:
Most people choose to get Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certifications, as having any of them on your CV allows you to get an entry-level job in IT. Those whose dream is to become Software as a service (SaaS) administrator or cloud applications administrator need to get MCSA: Office 365 credential. For that, candidates need to posses skills to work with such products as Skype for Business, SharePoint, Exchange and to pass two exams: 70-346 and 70-347. The exams validate candidates ability to operate, administer and transit cloud-hosted applications based on Microsoft Office 365 technology. 70-346 exam mainly focuses on managing Office 365 identities and requirements, while 70-347 exam- with enabling Office 365 Services. There’s no strict order of which exam take first.
As the article provides the details of passing 70-346 exam, find the details of sitting for 70-347 certification exam below:
Popular by the name Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements, Microsoft 70-346 is an exam that brings the IT professionals near to understand the capabilities of administration regarding Office 365.
You can also do 70-345 test prepares you for the high-level administration.
Microsoft 70-346 is a diversified exam that is totally bound with technical skills related to the administration. The test is designed to develop the candidates’ skills in various professional fields. Some of the core concepts this certification test covers include:
- Office 365 interface
- Setting of a trial regarding Office 365
- Navigation of the Admin Center
- Management and adding different and new users
- How to work with collaboration and other groups
- Use of group administration and many more
The test is totally created for the professionals who are willing to work on grounds like configuring, planning, managing, etc. in the environment of Office 365. The topics of the exam also give due importance to the understanding of some on-premises technologies, which include Active Domain Directory Services, Domain name system, and others. The test may also be attractive for the candidates who wish to obtain the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) credential in future.
This exam includes topics, such as:
- How to prepare for Office 365
- How to work on administrative grounds with Office 365
- Deployment of Office 365 Pro Plus
- Management of SharePoint Online
- How to perform connectivity tests
- Management of groups and users
- How to work with Azure rights management
- Creation of customized domains
- Managing and implementing the identities that are used by Azure AD connect
- Managing and implementing Federate identities for single use of Sign-on
- Management of Identities of Cloud
- Learning about exchange administration
- The configuration of Skype for business purpose
- How to work with Yammer
The 70-346 exam comes with 13 different and important modules that include:
- Plan and provision Office 365
- Operate Office 365 groups and users
- Plan and deploy Office 365 ProPlus
- Plan and configure SharePoint Online
- Plan and configure identity federation
- Plan and design directory synchronization
- Plan and evolve Skype for Business Online
- Plan and configure Exchange Online services
- Regulate and troubleshoot Microsoft Office 365
- Plan and configure Office 365 collaboration solutions
- Configure customer connectivity to Microsoft Office 365
- Plan and build compliance and security in Office 365
- Plan and control Exchange Online permissions and recipients
All these modules come with their own importance in getting the certification. They also include various lab hours and other lessons that are helpful in getting the detailed knowledge about the topics and developing the required skills. The Microsoft 70-346 exam is the first test of the three, and it is important to clear it to reach the others.
The certification exam is carried out in different categories that include:
- Provision of Office 356 as you add and carry out the configuration of the domains in a customized way
- Implementation and planning of Networking and Security related with Office 365 that helps in the testing of DNA configurations for the services
- Management of Cloud test identities that helps in managing users and passwords, security groups, etc.
- Management and implementation of Federal Identities that helps in the testing of AD FS planning requirements, installation, etc.
The exam has only a single requirement: the individual applying for the test should be familiar with the functions and the environment Office 365 comes with. The interested candidates should also have the basic experience of Office 365 Admin Center, Skype for Business, Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, etc.
- The exam comes with 40-60 questions
- The duration of the test is about 150 minutes
- The candidate needs to score at least 70% marks
- The questions are based on multiple choice and come with 4-10 options to select from
- The exam gives a credit towards other certifications like MCSA and MCP
- Available languages are English, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Japanese, German, French, Portuguese, and Spanish
The test comes with advanced level learning options, which include both books and videos. Some of the books that are selected to learn the topic properly include Microsoft Office 2016 Essential Training, Mastering Office 365, Migrating from Microsoft Exchange to O365, Microsoft Office Essential Skills, Microsoft Exchange Hybrid Migration to Office 365, and many more.
- The candidate should have an experience of minimum 2 years administering the operating system of Windows Server that includes Windows Server 2012 (or latest version)
- The student should have an experience of working with certificates like PKI
- He/she should have experience of working with PowerShell
- At least 1 year of experience with AD DS
- At least 1 year of experience working with a resolution of the name, DNS included
- Experience of work with Exchange Server 2013, Lync Server 2013
To find more details concerning the exam, find the links below:
Who should look for this exam?
As mentioned, the test is much appreciated by the IT professionals who are looking for participation in the various processes of Office 365 like operating, deploying, planning, evaluation, etc., which also include supporting technologies and dependent technologies.
The 70-346 or 70-345 exams help you with on-demand learning concept and classroom training as well. This means you can carry out this test by working with any reputed firm through online videos given out by experts of the field. Similar to the classroom studies, the video courses also help with in-depth learning and skill development that is helpful for the professionals to clear the exam on the first try.
- Microsoft Security Consultant
- Microsoft Security Analyst
- Microsoft Security Engineer
- Microsoft Security Administer
The holder of the Microsoft MCSA certification is capable to earn an amount of $85,000 to $115,000 on annual basis. Microsoft 70-346 and 70-347 exams are the best ones to gain MCSA Office 365 credential and to get for a higher level post in administration.