SEGA has announced Total War: ROME REMASTERED is scheduled for release on April 29th. Created in collaboration with Feral Interactive, this comprehensive remaster allows players to relive the legacy that defined the award-winning strategy game series thanks to a suite of visual and gameplay improvements. Revisit a truly beloved classic as you build your empire, command ferocious battles, and conquer ancient Rome like never before.
Total War: ROME REMASTERED delivers a modern gaming experience all whilst maintaining the original Total War formula which has captivated strategy gamers for over two decades. With new and improved features such as fully overhauled visuals, ultra-high-definition resolution support, an expanded faction roster and improved accessibility, there has never been a better time to take back your empire.
“What better excuse than the twentieth year of Total War to revisit a grand master?”says Rob Bartholomew, Chief Product Officer at Creative Assembly, “The original release of Rome marks a special time for us as our first major break-out title; it’s amazing to get the opportunity to Remaster it with our friends at Feral”.
“Working to remaster a classic such as Rome, has been an exhilarating challenge: a bit like recutting the crown jewels”says David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “We are delighted with the result and hope that fans of this fantastic franchise will be too”.
Total War: ROME REMASTERED Features:
- Improved Visuals: Total War: ROME REMASTERED ushers the classic strategy title into the modern gaming era with full 4K visuals, native support for ultra-high-definition resolution and overhauled environment, battlefield, and character models.
- New Gameplay Content: Wage war across new fronts with 16 previously unplayable factions to play on top of the original 22, and send the new Merchant agents on missions to establish lucrative trade networks across the map, buy out rival Merchants, and assert your empire’s economic power.
- Modernised Features: Players can exercise more control than ever with new features such as a tactical map during battles, plus heat maps and icon overlays in campaign mode. Existing mechanics have also been improved, including an overhauled diplomacy system, wider camera zoom levels throughout the game, and camera rotation on the campaign map.
- Improved Help Systems: A swathe of improved support has been added, including a redesigned tutorial, a new in-game Wiki, expansive advice and tooltips, and improved accessibility for colour blind players.
- Cross-platform Multiplayer: Players can enjoy cross-platform PVP multiplayer between Windows, macOS and Linux, a first for the Total War franchise.
- Complete Original Content: Total War: ROME REMASTERED includes the Barbarian Invasion and Alexander expansions in glorious new detail, and players will also gain access to the original ROME: Total War Collection (only playable on Windows).
Pre-order Total War: ROME REMASTERED from Steam today, or directly from Creative Assembly via the Rome Remastered Store, or Feral Interactive via the Feral Store. Players who already own the original game on Steam can purchase Total War: ROME REMASTERED for 50% off until June 1st 2021. Further details can be found on the Total War FAQ here.
For more information about Total War: ROME REMASTERED and the other Total War games in development, visit www.totalwar.com
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here