Travel along the Spessart mountain range, a scenic route filled with challenging slopes and beautiful views in equal measure. Carry passengers to and from work or haul tons of freight – but be wary of the steep grades… For the first time ever Banking operations are a part of this route, with dedicated locomotives joining heavy trains to help push them up the most challenging slopes.
Powered by Unreal Engine 4 technology and Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph vehicle dynamics engine, incorporating a simulation underpinned with expert technical knowledge and real-world data, the performance, sounds and feel has been accurately reproduced to make the trains feel just like the real thing.
Train Sim World: Main-Spessart Bahn is out now – and here’s what you’ll find inside:
- A wondrous mix of steep gradients, scenic hillsides and swooping turns come to life in Train Sim World: Main-Spessart Bahn, a timeless freight-heavy and passenger-laden corridor through the heart of the German countryside. Reproduced in exquisite detail, every station, signal and milepost feel so real you could almost reach out and touch them.
- It’s your job to carry freight and passengers over Main-Spessart Bahn. Manage your powerful locomotives over the steep grade and deliver your cargo on-time. Whether you’re driving, riding along or watching the action, experience all the sights and sounds of German railways at their best.
- Take control of two modern icons of German motive power, the DB BR 185.2 locomotive and the DB BR 146.2 locomotive and experience push-pull operation in the DoppelStockwagen control car. Featuring authentic electric simulations underpinned with expert technical knowledge and real-world data, the performance, sounds and feel has been accurately reproduced to make them feel just like the real thing.
- 52 km route of the Main-Spessart Bahn route from Aschaffenburg to Gemünden
- DB BR 185.2 in DB Traffic Red ‘Railion’ Livery
- DB BR 146.2 in DB Traffic Red Livery
- DB DoppelStockwagen (DoSto) Vehicles with Control Car in DB Traffic Red Livery
- Habbiins 344, Laaers 560, Shimmns-u 708 and Zacns freight wagons
- Featuring Banking locomotive operations
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling for both locomotives and multiple unit
- Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real locomotives
- Five detailed and engaging scenarios for the route
- 100 Collectibles for you to find including Route Maps, Fallen Logs, Hazard Cones and Fence Holes
- Accessible tutorials to get you started quickly
- Extensive 24-Hour Service Mode Timetable