Paradox Interactive has today revealed the fourth full-blood Vampire clan in ‘Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2’: Ventrue! Known throughout history as kings and kingmakers, the Ventrue are Machiavellian vampires who utilise their cunning, patience and iron will to rule.
The blood of rulers flows through the Ventrue’s veins. Whilst that once meant embracing high-priests and aristocrats, they now recruit from investment bankers and corporate executives. The “Clan of Kings” see themselves as the architects of vampire society who hold lineage and loyalty above all. Unusually for the clan, the Ventrue of Seattle were drawn to the dream of building their own power structure without oversight from elder generations. Now that the Camarilla has gained control, many Ventrue have realigned to join these new rulers, or have doubled down on their autonomy. Enterprising Ventrue have entrenched themselves in the business of the 21st century, paving the way for a prosperous future and making enemies of anyone who prefers the old ways.
The Ventrue are the guardians of the Masquerade and Princes of uncounted cities. It runs in their blood to be obeyed. Using their signature Discipline, Dominate, a Ventrue gains the power to control actions and manipulate the memories of others. Fortitude is the Ventrue’s Discipline of physical resilience and allows them to outlast their foes.
- Mesmerize – allows the Ventrue to place one NPC in a brief hypnotic trance. The person so affected is oblivious to the world around them, ignoring sound, touch and even pain.
- Command – significantly extends the Ventrue’s control over the Mesmerized NPC. They can now be ordered to move, remove obstacles, or even attack others.
- Using Dominate powers is not a Masquerade violation.
- Absorb – allows the vampire to take a brief defensive stance in which they may deflect all attacks they can see, healing their wounds for every would-be-strike.
- Personal Armour – hardens the vampire’s skin into a stone-like barrier.
- Allowing a mortal to witness your Fortitude under attack is a Masquerade violation.