In time for the Halloween season, Fast Travel Games has revelead the main character along with some of the unique environments that players will get to explore as Wraiths – spirits of the dead – in Wraith: The Oblivion – Afterlife; a haunting narrative-driven VR horror game set in the World of Darkness.
THE MAIN CHARACTER
- The main character is Ed Miller, a photographer that had earlier arrived at the Barclay Mansion together with his wife Rachel to document a seance. But something went terribly wrong, with Ed dying during the seance and with his wife Rachel disappearing.
- As the game starts, Ed is about to enter the Barclay Mansion again – this time as a Wraith stuck in the Shadowlands with supernatural powers at his disposal. He aims to find out the truth about his own death, the whereabouts of Rachel as well as the larger mystery taking place inside the mansion.
- Ed’s camera plays an important role in the game. Players will use it to gradually reveal more about what actually happened inside the mansion, to unlock memories of past occurrences by photographing certain objects, and to find hidden secrets.
The Seance Room. Something went terribly wrong here.
- The game takes place in Barclay Mansion, the home of Howard Barclay, an old and sick man who has retired from his past career as a movie producer.
- Far from the stereotypical haunted house or gothic castle, the Barclay Mansion is a modern, grandiose building filled with Hollywood decadence and trophies that bring witness to Howard’s glorious past in the movie business. The remnants of a premiere party can still be seen, and broken glass covers the floor in the cinema room.
- Barclay Mansion will let players explore every nook & cranny of its many interconnected floors and rooms – but also to leave it occasionally. The garden area is as pompous as the interiors, amplified by the haunting sky above and the glowing city skyline in the distance.
The Gazebo. Usually a place to rest and take shelter from the rain.
Owners of Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift/S, HTC Vive, Valve Index or PSVR headsets will be able to enter the Shadowlands as a Wraith in Early 2021. Players can add Afterlife to a Wishlist now on Steam, Oculus Quest & Oculus Rift, with cross-buy support across both Oculus platforms.
Afterlife’s debut trailer shows the player moving around as a Wraith, while suddenly being chased by one of the sinister Specters roaming the Barclay Mansion
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here