Xbox confirmed that its next generation of gaming begins on November 10, when both the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles become globally available. Xbox also revealed its partnership with Electronic Arts, bringing some of the best EA titles to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Game Pass for PC. With the Xbox All Access program, which will now be available in 12 countries this holiday, gamers can purchase an Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X and get 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, including EA Play, for one low monthly price.
Whether gamers are looking for top-of-the-line console gaming, prefer to experience the next generation in a smaller all-digital console at a lower price point, or even prefer to pay monthly for their gaming with no upfront cost, today’s news provides a look at how gamers can choose to join the next generation of gaming with Xbox. Details of today’s news include:
- Both the Xbox Series X, the fastest and most powerful console, and the Xbox Series S, an all-digital console delivering next-generation speed and performance in the smallest Xbox EVER built, will launch on November 10. Pre-orders for both consoles begin on September 22.
- Pricing for both next-generation Xbox consoles is as follows: £249.99 (ERP) for Xbox Series S and £449.99 (ERP) for Xbox Series X.
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Game Pass for PC members will get an EA Play membership at no additional cost starting this holiday. This means Ultimate members can enjoy EA Play on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, and Windows 10 PCs, and Xbox Game Pass for PC members get EA Play on Windows 10. If you’d like to use in any coverage you write, here’s a quote from Mike Blank, SVP, EA Strategic Growth:
- “Delivering EA Play to Xbox Game Pass members contributes to our vision of connecting players to the games they love and each other, wherever they want to play,” said Mike Blank, SVP, EA Strategic Growth. “After 5 years of delivering subscription services to the Xbox community, we are excited to make it easier for them to enjoy both memberships together.”
- The Xbox All Access program, which delivers everything a gamer needs to jump into the next generation, will expand to 12 countries this holiday season. With Xbox All Access, gamers can choose the Xbox console that fits their needs, as well as a 24-month membership to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (access to over 100 high-quality games and online multiplayer with Xbox Live Gold), from £20.99 a month for 24 months – with no upfront cost.
For more information on today’s announcements, please visit this Xbox Wire blog post from Phil Spencer, which highlights how all of these disclosures build upon Microsoft’s vision for the next generation of gaming on Xbox with gamers at the center.
Want more news from the Tech world for Gaming Peripherals to Hardware Click Here