Most people treat YouTube as a popular video hosting service only; they do not know that this is the second most used search engine in the world by the number of users. At the moment, the audience of YouTube is more than two billion people, and this figure is constantly growing. According to official stats, the number of people starting to watch YouTube from the home page has tripled over the past year. This opens up tremendous opportunities for promoting your brand through video marketing on YouTube. Our tips will help you promote your YouTube gaming channel, reach multi-million views, and get a lot of subscribers.
Gaming is one of the most future-proof segments on YouTube since the army of gaming fans is just booming and keeps growing day by day. Gaming influencers earn millions of dollars on YouTube every year. For example, Daniel Middleton made $18.5 million on his gaming channel, while Mark Edward Fischbach pocketed $17 million in 2018.
If you are a skillful gamer and know how to use gaming video editing software, then it will be easy for you to retrain from an unknown “nerd” to a successful YouTube blogger. To settle in the video game niche and achieve success in this business, you need to follow some basic tips.
Tip 1 – Formulate a Project Idea & Channel Goals
You can’t just go and create a super-popular YouTube channel. It is necessary to think carefully about the concept:
- Define a goal – why do you need to promote your YouTube channel? Do you want to get more traffic, build audience loyalty, increase sales, or promote yourself as an expert?
- Think over an idea – what will make your gaming account stand out from the crowd? Why will the user be interested in watching your video clips, subscribing to you, or following new releases?
- Build value – video content alone will not win an audience for you. It is important to focus on the problem that you will help the audience to solve. You can help your subscribers to pick a video game based on their needs, explain the main features of the newly released products, or share essential gaming tips with them.
Tip 2 – Know Who’s Your Target Audience
Determine the target audience of your channel, study your competitors, and make a step-by-step plan:
- You need to understand the preferences of your audience. That’s why you should check which videos are watched most often, what content gets more likes, what YouTube channels are being actively followed.
- It’s worth knowing what problems and motives your target audience has. Are they driven by fun, desire to learn, or search for a specific answer?
- You should check what your competitors do. Get to know what they are really good at, what tricks they use, and what you can do better with your video content.
Tip 3 – Take Care of Tech Optimization
To promote your YouTube channel, you need to do some basic content optimization. YouTube is a search engine whose algorithms are very similar to Google. So what to optimize on your YouTube page?
- Title – write a title for every video so that a user knows what it is about;
- Description – provide a short description that briefly introduces video contents;
- Tags – use 4-7 tags so that the YouTube platform puts your video in the right category and helps your target viewer find you quickly.
It is important to use keywords in a video title, description, and tags. Thus, you will address the main user requests and will reach a wider audience. To identify the right words to get into your audience, you need to perform the following:
- Use the Google Keyword Planner;
- Analyze successful videos in the top (look at publications that have gained a lot of views);
- Think like a user.
Tip 4 – Produce Quality Video Content
Do not forget to fine-tune every video before posting it so that people want to subscribe to your channel, share the content you post, and follow you. For this to happen, you need to think about:
- An attractive preview – it shouldn’t be just a frame. Make sure there is a headline along with catchy phrases and bright elements to grab the attention of people;
- Call to action – tell your subscribers and viewers something meaningful and important so that they turn on notifications, willing to watch every video you post;
- Keep people’s interest high – create profitable conditions for your subscribers. You can introduce subscriber discounts, run regular prize draws, or create a gated community.
Tip 5 – Sync up with Social Networks & Messengers
You can reach out to a wider audience if you tell people about your YouTube account on other social networks. The power of SMM is just limitless:
- Make a short announcement on Instagram with a CTA to go to your YouTube channel and watch the full episode. This move will bring more traffic to your YouTube page.
- Make a teaser on Facebook. Do not be limited to the video teaser format only; you can also add some text to the host highlighting the main features of your YouTube channel. Do not forget to add the link so that people could follow it.
- Talk to your “people” in Discord. If you already have a gaming community in this messenger, do not be lazy to publish announcements on the channel every time you release a new video on YouTube.
Tip 6 – Team up With Other YouTube Channels
It is an easy and effective approach to expanding your audience reach. Find channels similar to yours and offer them to make either a joint video or mutual PR. Of course, you need to search for the most relevant channels by the audience and take into account the popularity level of the channel. If you have 1,000 subscribers, trying to reach a blogger with an audience of 50,000 is a futile idea.
Tip 7 – Use YouTube Internal Ads
It is the most obvious, albeit expensive, way to promote your gaming channel on YouTube. Promote all or individual videos to gain views and attract new audiences. Do not forget that the crowd marketing principle works here. When you come across a new video with 5,000 views, it makes you believe that the video is interesting, and you should watch it as well. However, if the video was uploaded a couple of weeks ago and gained no more than 100 views, you will hardly decide to watch it.
Invest Your Effort Smartly!
Creating a gaming account on YouTube is one thing; making it successful and popular is something different. Since the gaming niche is highly competitive on YouTube, you need to approach your channel promotion with special care and responsibility. Instead of posting just some content that seems interesting to you, check what your target audience is looking for/ interested in. You should also evaluate the content perspectives of your competitors and develop a content plan only afterward. A comprehensive approach will help you hit top rankings on YouTube.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here