Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order today announced the next industrial update for Cities: Skylines on PC, Mac and Linux. Industries, launching October 23rd will put one of the game’s three zones in the spotlight for the first time.
“With this expansion, players can make more meaningful choices in their cities’ industry by managing their production chains from grain to bread.” said Sandra Neudinger, Product Manager from Paradox Interactive. “The players have been asking for an industrial expansion for a while, so we’re excited to finally offer a full featured approach.”
- Make It Happen – Follow your products from harvesting to processing, storage, and production, then transport them to commercial zones or export to other cities.
- Captain Your Own Industry – Define an area with the industry area tool and place highly specialized industrial buildings to build and manage the production chain from raw material extraction up to the final end product. Industry Areas are divided into four types based on the natural resource they are processing: Farming, Forest, Ore, and Oil. These areas can level up upon reaching productions goals and staffing requirements.
- Build it up, Buttercup – New industrial buildings include Extractors, Warehouse Facilities, Processing, and Auxiliary Buildings, Industrial Props and Roads. Unique Factories, such as Food, Toy, Furniture, Car, and Electronics produce luxury products and require a large number of workers, water and electricity as well as input from your industries.
- Ship It – Manage traffic and logistics with industrial warehouses and the use of the new Cargo Services including a cargo airport.
- Go, Postal – Boost your citizens’ well-being with mail delivery and collection services. Post sorting facilities handle mail between outside connections and the post offices, and new Post Van and Truck vehicles enable the carriage.
- Wonk Hard – Three new Industry Policies and four City-wide Policies, including Workers’ Union, Sorting, Tolls, Wi-Fi, Logistics, Work Safety, and Automation.
- Five New Maps – Rich in natural resources, transportation options, and industrial opportunities, these new maps have all the right stuff.
- Four new hats for Chirper!
Synthetic Dawn Radio is the most far-out radio station to land in-game ever! It features 16 original new songs across four genres: 80s Electro, Vocoding Electro, Breakbeats and Futuristic Synths. Players can tune in and zone out to some stellar tunes as synth-spin master DJ Jessica Statler brings the funk.
For more information and to pre-order the Industries expansion, please visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines/CSCS00GSK-MASTER.html