Crunchyroll has compiled an illuminating series of infographics highlighting anime viewership trends from users in more than 200 countries and territories. The maps show that My Hero Academia S4 was the most-watched show in the UK, while the Italians went mad for Black Clover and France and Germany were big Jujutsu Kaisen fans. Eastern Europeans however, preferred the Originals series Tower of God.
The most common titles worldwide are:
- Black Clover – 87 countries and territories
- JUJUTSU KAISEN – 71 countries and territories
- BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS – 32 countries and territories
- My Hero Academia – 23 countries and territories
- Tower of God – 10 countries and territories
- The God of High School – 10 countries and territories
- Attack on Titan – 6 countries and territories
- Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World– – 1 country
- Onyx Equinox – 1 country
- The God of High School was the most popular anime in Antarctica in 2020.
- The popularity of JUJUTSU KAISEN worldwide is impressive considering that the title aired in October – other series aired earlier and had more opportunities for fans to find them, or, like Black Clover and BORUTO, were available all year.
Will these shows make it onto the ballot for the upcoming Anime Awards, which celebrate the year’s best and brightest in Japanese animation? Nominees are announced and voting starts on January 15th. Look out for more info coming your way!
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations was big in Asia
Attack on Titan Final Season went down well in South America
Jujutsu Kaisen was a firm favourite down under
Black Clover was a favourite across Africa
Jujutsu Kaisen and My Hero Academia S4 shared top spot in North America.
In the Middle East and North Africa, Jujutsu Kaisen and Black Clover were most-watched.
For more news from the world of Movies and TV head here