Paradox Interactive and Romero Games have announced that their character-driven strategy game Empire of Sin will receive a free content expansion, “The Precinct,” later this year that will expand strategic gameplay and launch new features. This announcement comes on the same day as the launch of the “Gangster Update,” a pivotal moment for Empire of Sin as the development team shifts focus from balancing and stabilizing updates to the addition of new content.
The Gangster Update, launching today, adds numerous quality of life improvements, including an updated weapon proficiency system, improvements to controller scheme, and improvements to the game’s missions. Since its launch in December, Empire of Sin has had five major updates, implementing numerous fixes and features, including:
- Diplomacy improvements
- Combat auto-resolve
- Updated weapon proficiency system
- Gangster adjustments
- Combat AI adjustments
- Faction AI adjustments
- And numerous gameplay and UI fixes!
The Precinct, scheduled for later this year, expands and improves gameplay by allowing players to “paint the map” and control their empires while creating supply lines and a defensible perimeter, adds a new win condition and a new path to victory, and introduces mod support to take Empire of Sin to the next level.
Precinct Update Key Features:
- Precincts: Precincts create a new management layer across neighborhoods, allowing for better synergy and control of numerous ways to streamline your criminal empire. However, turning your neighborhood into a massively integrated monopoly on illegal booze can have consequences – top precincts will garner more attention from the police. New empire management screens have been unified under a precinct screen as a means of streamlining gameplay mechanics and making it easier for the common criminal to break bad, at scale. Precincts and their rackets are controlled via a central building known as The Depot. Take the depot to win the precinct.
- Moguls & Win Conditions: There’s more than one way to the top of the Chicago mob scene. Players focused on building their empire can reach for the Chi-Town Mogul win condition. Alternatively, those focused on diplomacy can find a new path to victory with The Buyout. The more enterprising boss can now put down their guns and tell the competition to sleep with the fishes with business prowess – that’s the way to run an empire!
- Modsters: Players can create and play mods in Empire of Sin using Paradox Mods or Steam Workshop. Mods can be managed from the Paradox Launcher. Players can now experience prohibition-era Chicago’s seedy criminal underground in new ways. Beginning with The Precinct, phase 1 of modding tools give the Empire of Sin community their first opportunity to alter the gameplay to their own liking. Further phases of modding will introduce even more ways to alter Empire of Sin.
- Variety – The Spice of Life: Players can now sling their guns or their business savvy with rival gangs in additional racket interiors.
- Balancing changes and additional fixes
For more information on the Precinct update and Empire of Sin, visit www.empireofsingame.com.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here