With millions of coins already exchanging hands-on FIFA 20’s Ultimate Team, we thought you might be interested in an analysis which reveals just how much money players will have to spend in order to field the best possible teams on the game, whilst also looking at the best time to buy.
Bookmakers bwin have converted FIFA coins into real money (5,000 coins / 100 FIFA points costs 79p making 1,000 coins 16p), revealing just how much players are spending to build the Ultimate Team. The conversation rate shows what the most expensive Legends team money can buy is the most expensive team per league, the gradual devaluation of each team over time and who this year’s hidden gems could be.
The Ultimate Legends Team:
Any player looking to bring together some of the game’s greatest players will have to fork out 31.7million coins. When translated into pounds sterling, this Legends team equates to £4,499!
- Premier League’s most expensive 11 currently costs £500: De Gea – Van Dijk, Laporte, D Sanchez – Mane, Knate, Pogba, Salah, De Bruyne – Aubamayang, Son
- Premier League team is £132 cheaper to buy in January: It costs £410 in October – £368 in January and £248 by March
- Premier League’s most popular team costs £28.53*: Fabianski – Mendy, Rudiger, Gomez, Wan-Bissaka – Fraser, Sissoko, Ndombele, Saint-Maximin – Jesus, Vardy
- La Liga’s most expensive 11 currently costs £415: Oblak – Ramos, Varane, Lenglet – Guedes, Modric, de Jong, Bale – Messi, Griezmann, Hazard
- La Liga team is only £29 cheaper to buy in January: It costs £421 in October – £386 in January and £268 by March
- La Liga’s most popular team costs £24.59*: Areola – Mendy, Militao, Gabriel, Semedo – Vinicius Junior, Thomas, Konogbia, Correa – Williams, Joao Felix
- Serie A’s most expensive 11 currently costs £371: Handanovic – A Sandro, Koulibaly, Chiellini, Manolas, Florenzi – Dybala, Matuidi, Allan Mertens, Ronaldo
- Serie A team is £91 to buy in January: It costs £443 in October – £462 in January and £362 in March
- Serie A’s most popular team costs £8.26*: Strakosha – Hernandez, Kjaer, Rugani, Florenzi – Jony, Kessie, Bonaventura, Zielinski, Lozano – Rebic
- Bundesliga’s most expensive 11 currently costs £122: Neuer – Alaba, Hernandez, Akanji, Kimmich – Coutinho, Reus, Witsel, Gnabry – Lewandowski, Werner
- Bundesliga team is £72 cheaper to buy in January: It costs £104 in October – £50 in January and £48 by March
- Bundesliga’s most popular team costs £9.65*: Baunmann – Roussillion, Abraham, Orban, Konate, Mbabu – Bailey, Delaney, Zakaria, Bellarabi – Volland
- Ligue 1’s most expensive 11 currently costs £292: Navas – T Silva, Kimpembe, Marquinhos – Neymar, Sarabia, Verratti, Gueye, Di Maria, Mbappe, Ben Yedder
- Ligue 1 team is £106 cheaper to buy in January: It costs £178 in October – £186 in January and £137 by March
- Ligue 1’s most popular team costs £6.75*: Lecomte – Bernat, Kimpembe, Koscielny, Alvaro, Atal – Bamba, Herrera, Paredes, Martins – Dembele
*Players that cost the most with an overall rating of under 83.
Average prices per overall rating:
- 90+ players cost more than double 89 rated players: Costing £71.31 per player, managers will have to dig a lot deeper in to their pockets to get the best, as 89 rated players costs £32.62 on average
- Ruud Gullit cost more than a Chelsea season ticket – Costing £1,106, players could purchase an adult Chelsea season ticket in the West End of the stadium (£900)
- Zidane cost more than a 5* spa hotel weekend in Paris – The French legend costs £877, which is more expensive than a long spa weekend in Paris
- Van Dijk costs more than a Liverpool jersey with his name on the back – The defender costs £79.47, whilst a Liverpool jersey donning his name costs £65
In return for using any of these starting 11s or stats on recommended players, please credit bwin for the research by including this link: https://sports.bwin.com/en/news/football/fifa-ultimate-team-prices