It’s been an exciting year since Green Hell launched into Early Access in August 2018 and now independent Polish developer, Creepy Jar, happily announces that their massively successful Amazon-based survival game has officially launched into 1.0.
The 1.0 launch is no exception, and you can find a detailed changelog on their Steam page to see a list of all the major additions in this update.
See below for the key additions to the 1.0 update;
Story Mode and 1.0 Update Additions
- Story Mode! — How did you end up in the Amazon? What happened to your love, Mia? How can you escape? How can you survive? Seeking answers to these questions will take you to the brink of sanity as you rediscover well-known areas and discover new areas for the first time.
- New Map Areas — The lush rainforest of Green Hell gets even bigger with new Wetlands to explore. Also included, is an all-new in-game map!
- Perma-Death Difficulty — Gear up for the most ruthless challenge yet. There’s no coming back from death.
- New Graphics Options — Optimize your experience with new FOV, Vsync, antialiasing, texture quality, and shadow distance options.
- New Plants and Animals — Introducing the psychosis-inducing Psychotria Viridis, the Banisterposis Caapi, and the lethally poisonous Dart Frog.
- Decay Timer— Many items in the game will now start to wither and decay. Players will have to be vigilant learning to use their items before they expire.
- New Difficulty Levels (Tourist, King of the Jungle, Custom) — Have a problem with snakes? Maybe spiders? Introducing new difficulty options to turn tribes, predators, spiders, snakes, and the sanity meter on or off! Hate managing macroelements? Green Hell is also adding a depletion speed slider to adjust how quickly you need to replenish yourself.
Green Hell is now available on Steam at a list price of $24.99 USD