Chapter three of Guild Wars 2’s ongoing story The Icebrood Saga arrives Tuesday, May 26, plunging players into the middle of an epic confrontation against former allies as conflict between factions of charr warriors erupts into all out civil war. Titled No Quarter, the episode opens up a brand new, never-before seen part of Tyria: the Drizzlewood Coast tucked into the viridian forests of the Woodland Cascades. Taking inspiration from the World vs. World game mode, players will be thrust into a massive map-wide battle featuring fortress sieges and capture points in one gigantic meta-event. ArenaNet released a new trailer today that prefaces the impending clash of armies that will roll its way across the charr nation and leave no one untouched.
In addition to a new story that puts Ryland Steelcatcher and Bangar Ruinbringer’s Dominion forces front and center for the fireworks, No Quarter adds and expands upon the existing gameplay and rewards found in The Icebrood Saga, including:
- A brand new map, the coastal alpine forests of the Drizzlewood Coast
- A massive, map-wide meta event that puts players right in the thick of the charr civil war as they help the United Legions siege fortresses and take control of enemy positions in World vs. World-inspired gameplay
- A new United Legions Waystation mastery that will grant new special action skills useful for besieging charr fortresses and resupplying allies
- A new Strike Mission, “Cold War”, that features wave-based survival against fearsome enemies
- A new tier to the Essence Manipulation mastery tracks introduced in Episode One
- Two new weapons sets, Tengu Echo and Stormcaller, plus two new standalone weapons to earn
- New charr-themed backpacks, plus new charr-specific helms for charr player characters
- A new “play dead” emote
- A new Bear Shaman armour set, heretofore only available to NPC characters
No Quarter will be free for all players who own Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire and log in upon its release. In addition, the Standard and Deluxe editions of Path of Fire are on sale for 50% off until May 8.