In anticipation of the Intellivision Amico family entertainment system launching 10-10-2020, Intellivision has announced that the console will now launch pre-loaded with six titles, an increase from the originally planned five.
- SKIING – Watch out for trees, logs, big cliff jumps, icy ground, avalanches and – of course – the hidden Yeti!. Up to eight players can compete for the best times against each other on ten different slopes or up to four players can battle it out at the same time in Ski Cross mode!
- SHARK! SHARK! – So much ocean to explore! Play the reimagined version of Shark! Shark! on Amico in single player, co-op or versus mode. Everyone in the family will enjoy this game, no matter what age or skill level.
- ASTROSMASH – One of the first and most popular original Intellivision games! In the new Amico version you can play cooperatively with each other or against each other in versus mode.
- CORNHOLE – The very first home console version of this popular and growing sport takes full advantage of Amico´s motion control and touch screen features! Hundreds of unlockables and so many different challenges, skill levels, and ways to play with family & friends (or even single player if you’d like).
- FARKLE – Such a unique experience! You’ll be able to see and shake dice on your controller, then toss them up onto the screen when it’s your turn! Classic family entertainment for up to 8 players with individual sets of rules.
- The sixth game, offering great entertainment for the whole family, will be revealed in the coming months.
Following a sold-out Founders Edition program, the VIP Edition pre-order program for the ground breaking Amico system starts March 31, 2020. Fans who take advantage of the pre-order will gain access to the Graphite Black and Glacier White consoles for the first time as well as a second chance to secure the Vintage Woodgrain model. Two wireless Bluetooth, color touchscreen controllers and six installed games come with each console. Also included in the VIP Edition program are a $25 RFID Amico digital game store gift card, a 25% off online merchandise store discount code, a lenticular Running Man trading card signed by Tommy Tallarico, and three digital soundtrack albums including “Earthworm Jim Anthology.” With a $100 USD refundable deposit, the pre-order bundle is $249 USD for Graphite Black or Glacier White and $279 USD for Vintage Woodgrain.
“Given the current market conditions, we understand it may be difficult to find entertainment products later this year and we want to give our most loyal followers an invitation to secure their very own Amico.”, said Tommy Tallarico, Intellivision CEO and Amico creator.
“By increasing the number of pack-in games from five to six we further enhance the incredible value of our Intellivision Amico family entertainment system. With two controllers already in the package and the ability to use a smartphone as a controller (thanks to a free downloadable app) up to eight players can get straight into the fun right after turning on the machine for the first time,” explains Hans Ippisch, President of European Operations. Thanks to the funding from FFF Bayern and the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure, four out of the six pack-in games are being developed by German studios: Shark! Shark! (Bonus Level Entertainment and NeoBird), Intellivision Skiing (Aesir Interactive), Farkle (Spaceflower) and Cornhole (NeoBird).
Subscribed fans will receive an email invitation for the VIP Edition pre-order program on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 19:00 CET with purchase instructions. More information about Amico can be found at www.IntellivisionAmico.com, details on the VIP Edition pre-order are available here
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here
Want more news from the Tech world for Gaming Peripherals to Hardware Click Here