Publisher Cronos Interactive and developer Mantis Games offer a look behind the scenes of their narrative-focused virtual reality game Journey For Elysium. Starting from today, the two Belgian companies will publish a series of dev diaries, along with articles, detailing the development process of this quest through classical Greek and Roman mythology. The first dev diary, titled “Genesis” discusses the origins of the project and the inspiration behind its art, technology, and design.
A companion article “Origins” has been published alongside the video. This blog post dives further into the founding of Mantis Games and the creation of their first project, Journey For Elysium.
- Puzzles: Journey for Elysium brings back the excitement of classic adventures games of the 90’s and revamps them for a new era. Solve an increasingly complex range of puzzles, challenges and tests to move the story forward.
- A lot to discover: immerse yourself in a rich world, grounded between history and myth. Explore breathtaking environments and unravel surprising facts of the Classical antiquity. Connect with all your senses to this VR storytelling experience.
- Mechanics: travel on the river Styx and explore the underworld with the rowing mechanic, the most important travelling method in the game. This natural way of transportation is also very comfortable and immersive, whilst being seated or standing.
- Two modes: when you are not rowing, you can experience two different ways of moving around thanks to the Comfort or Immersive modes.
- Art style: enjoy the black and white art style inspired by the paintings of Gustave Doré. The high contrast art style fits best in recreating the desired atmosphere of the underworld. In addition, you will find golden highlights here and there, which will guide you further along the way.
Journey For Elysium will release in Q4 2019 and will be available for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift VR systems.For more information, follow @CronosInteractv and @Mantis_GamesBE on Twitter, or visit journeyforelysium.be