Experience the feature-complete version of Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based shooter at home or on the go, with new gyroscopic motion controls
Players get a three-month Nintendo Switch Online membership with their purchase and a Golden Loot Box as a log-in bonus for a limited time*
The watch begins today at 7pm BST for Nintendo Switch™ gamers around the world—Overwatch® Legendary Edition has arrived! Following three years’ worth of content updates and gameplay enhancements, Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team shooter comes to Nintendo Switch with a cast of 31 heroes that’s continually expanding, and a variety of casual and competitive game modes set across 28 distinct locations around the world.
Nintendo Switch players who join the fight for the future will experience all the additions that Overwatch has seen to date. These include the game’s 31st hero Sigma, an eccentric astrophysicist with the ability to control gravity; Havana, the newest locale in Overwatch, and the site of the latest Escort map; and the Workshop, a powerful and easy-to-use game-building tool with which players have already shared hundreds of thousands of brilliant and bizarre creations that are playable across platforms.
Nintendo Switch players can also use the console’s gyroscopic motion controls to experience Overwatch in an all-new way. By tilting their Joy-Con controllers, players will be able to guide Junkrat’s RIP-Tire to achieve maximum mayhem, soar through the skies and rain justice on their enemies as Pharah, land a Graviton Surge with surgical precision as Zarya, and more.
“The Legendary Edition reflects more than three years of ongoing development on Overwatch, and we can’t think of a better way to introduce the game to Nintendo Switch players,” said J. Allen Brack, president of Blizzard Entertainment. “Whether they’re playing at home or on the go, we’re thrilled to welcome our newest heroes to the ever-evolving Overwatch universe.”
Overwatch Legendary Edition for Nintendo Switch is available now as a boxed version (containing a code to download the game) and digital version via the Nintendo eShop**, both for a suggested price of £34.99. Both versions come with 15 bonus skins—including fan-favorites like Police Officer D.Va, Blackwatch Reyes Reaper, and Valkyrie Mercy—as well as a three-month Nintendo Switch Online individual membership.
Overwatch – Game Features
Overwatch Legendary Edition will launch on Nintendo Switch with all of the heroes, maps, modes, and game updates currently available on other platforms, providing Nintendo Switch players with the complete Overwatch experience:
- Play as 31 Unique Heroes – Choose from a diverse and ever-expanding roster of heroes from around the globe. Zip behind enemy lines as time-jumping Tracer; heal your team from afar with elite sniper Ana’s Biotic Rifle; or manipulate gravity as brilliant astrophysicist Sigma, the latest hero to join the fight.
- Battle Across the World With Your Friends – Capture control points, push payloads, and complete objectives across 28 international locations—wherever you have internet access, thanks to the legendary portability of the Nintendo Switch system.
- Join Forces in 6v6 Game Modes – Jump into Quick Play to get matched up against players of similar skill, Play Vs. AI in multiple difficulty settings, or put your skills to the ultimate test in Competitive Play to earn seasonal ranks and rewards.
- Discover New Ways to Play – Explore the Arcade or Game Browser to find matches with unique rulesets. Unleash your creativity in the Workshop and use powerful scripting tools to build elaborate custom games that can be shared and played on any platform.
- …And More to Come – Overwatch Legendary Edition on Nintendo Switch will continue to be updated with new content, including the game’s limited-time seasonal modes, gameplay updates, and more.
To learn more about Overwatch Legendary Edition on Nintendo Switch, visit the official website at playoverwatch.com/nintendo-switch.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here