Star Trek Online: Awakening has arrived on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Starting today, console players can return to the 25th Century to team up with Lt. Commander Paul Stamets (voiced by Anthony Rapp) from Star Trek: Discovery. Captains will embark on a crucial mission to save the Mycelial Network, while exploring a brand new series of patrols, a new Task Force Operation and special event challenges to earn a new T6 Elachi ship. To celebrate the launch of both Awakening on consoles and Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Star Trek Online has also teamed up with Groupees.com to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Brand New Featured Episode – Captains hailing from all of the game’s factions can participate in the new featured episode “Beneath the Skin.” Players will depend on a hologram of Commander Paul Stamets from the U.S.S Discovery to safely guide them through the Mycelial Network.
- Five New Patrols – Players can embark on a mission with Stamets and Star Trek Online luminaries like Lukari Captain Kuumaarke to close the rifts caused by the Klingons.
- New Task Force Operation – Up to five players can participate in this special ground TFO against the Elachi, which tasks them with shutting down probes that threaten to destroy the Mycelial Network.
- Mycelial Crisis Event – Captains who participate in this special event can earn the new T6 Elachi ship by playing through the new featured episode, patrols and TFO throughout the next month.
- New Event UI – The dev team has revamped the Event UI to make it easier for players to access new special events.
- Patrol Systems – A new tab has been added to the PvE system, which allows captains to immediately enter selected patrols and gain bonus rewards.
- New Starships – On November 21, players will be able to purchase the new Intel Science Bundle, which includes the Klingon Balth and the U.S.S. Somerville, a starship first introduced in the Star Trek Comics from IDW Publishing.