High-octane title now rebooted with vastly improved graphics and additional content
Game publisher and developer Kalypso Media today launched a hugely updated version of its hit winter sports title Ski Jumping Pro on iOS and Android devices. This new version promises to deliver even more of the pants-wetting terror that comes from standing at the top of a 100-metre long ski ramp with only one way down. Hitting the app stores in time for any PyeongChang-based winter sports, Ski Jumping Pro now boasts an entirely new graphics engine, revamped multiplayer mode, additional courses and improved character models and environments.
Ski Jumping Pro has been designed to accurately recreate the favourite winter sport through an immersive first-person perspective, with individual courses that have been painstakingly modelled on their real-life counterparts. Gamers have three attempts to land the largest jumps possible while battling environmental factors such as wind direction, heavy snowfall and even limited vision during nightfall, all of which affect optimum launch, jump and landing times. Players can then revel in their own glory through multi-angle slow motion replays.
Ski Jumping Pro offers a variety of different control types to suit gamers both new and old to the game. For those seeking a casual experience, the game features a simple touch-based control scheme requiring players to follow on-screen prompts. Masters of the slopes can now select gyroscope controls, allowing for start to finish handling of their jump. Both control types allow for players of all abilities to nail the perfect launch and shatter records.
With multiple gameplay modes, Ski Jumping Pro will keep ramp-loving adrenaline junkies entertained for hours with its dozens of courses and challenges. Career Mode offers five individual cups while Multiplayer mode enables gamers to play against friends and opponents worldwide in a roster of different competitions and events. High-scoring players can enjoy the fruits of their victories with experience points that can be traded for in-game currency to unlock the hottest cosmetic items and gear.
Ski Jumping Pro is available as a free app from the App Store at:
Ski Jumping Pro is also available as a free app from Google Play at:
- Stunning 3D graphics, slow-motion action replays and iconic brands brings the feel of the winter sport to life.
- Career Mode featuring 5 cups across 19 courses
- Instant bite-sized action with Quick Jump mode, allowing unlocked courses to be replayed
- Multiplayer mode featuring global leaderboards, head-to-head challenges, competitions and events
- Over 50 items of character customisation, including gloves, skis, helmets, boots and suits items
- Two styles of play: “Flow” mode (gyroscope) or tapping
- Casual & Pro difficulty levels, with an “+” level for increased difficulty
- Unlockable content including new contests and venues