Enplex Games has announced that Population Zero has entered the next exciting phase of development with today’s first-ever alpha event! Players at the Commander and Sentinel backer levels are invited to come check out the latest patch that brings a host of new content to the upcoming game. Fans are also invited to sign up on the Population Zero site for a chance to be selected to join alpha.
What’s new for Alpha?
- Full-fledged quest system for a faction change
- Mutation system (players will be able to become Hosts, Xenobiotor, or remain human)
- Texture update and polishing (fauna, characters, buildings, etc.)
- Balanced and improved technology tree and perk system
- Fully rebalanced injury system
- A possibility of setting up a character resurrection point (Baken)
- New planet inhabitants
While not available yet, Enplex is teasing development of one of Population Zero’s unique biomes, Kepler’s Jungle. Alpha players will soon have the opportunity to explore Kepler’s Jungle to discover its wonders. “Wild forests, marvelous alien plants, and creatures await you in the depths of the Kepler’s jungle. The trees grow high up into the sky granting new locations to discover – that’s right, in the jungles you will be able to walk not only the ground but those natural wooden paths which covers the whole biome.”