PUBG MOBILE is announcing a select group of international celebrities and over 70 influencers taking part in the 2021 TEAM UP CHALLENGE. Representing six different world regions, each celebrity-backed team will take part in multiple matches to determine the champion. The tournament will feature a number of prizes for participants and viewers, alongside major news of an upcoming PUBG MOBILE partnership. The event kicks off with regional matches starting on August 20 and ending on 28, with the Finals on August 29. The celebrities who have been chosen to represent their respective regions as honorary captains during this event include:
- Lia Clark: Brazillian singer, drag queen and DJ of the hit song “Trava Trava” (Team LATAM)
- Miguel Layún: Club América pro footballer and passionate esports fan (Team LATAM)
- Pevita Pearce: Indonesian actress and model staring in the upcoming “Sri Asih” (Team Southeast Asia)
- Tongtong Kitsakorn: Thai actor, model and avid PUBG MOBILE player (Team Southeast Asia)
- Rasa Kaušiūtė: Lithuanian singer, composer, and Eurovision Song Contest star (Team Europe)
- Hadise: Singer, songwriter, dancer and TV personality Eurovision Song Contest star (Team Europe)
- Shoaib Akhtar: Former Pakistani cricketer and commentator, known as the fastest bowler in history of international cricket Team South Asia)
- Tamim Iqbal: International cricketer and captain of the Bangladesh ODI national team (Team South Asia)
- Mohamed Henedy: Egyptian comedian and star of “Esma’eleya Rayeh Gaii” and “Sa’ede Fel Gam’a Al Amrekya” (Team Middle East)
Viewers can watch both the regional matches, from August 20 to 28, and the 2021 TEAM UP CHALLENGE Finals on August 29 live on the official PUBG MOBILE YouTube channel, which will feature a lucky draw for viewers who will have an opportunity to win in-game items.
Since 2019, PUBG MOBILE has hosted an annual TEAM UP CHALLENGE tournament with the intention of combining the biggest names in global entertainment and mobile gaming to create a series of fun and exciting tournaments. Previous participants have included basketball star and 2021 NBA champion Giannis Antetokounmpo, international football stars Kevin De Druyne and Paulo Dybala, and top PUBG MOBILE players such as Levinho.
Beginning on August 10th, PUBG MOBILE players can join the fun in-game by picking their favourite team to win. Players can then complete daily missions or purchase UC, which will earn points for their chosen team. Points are essential for teams in the event to progress to the finals and win, so player support might make all the difference! Players who collect points will also be able to collect rewards themselves, such as the Black Leather Set.
PUBG MOBILE players will also be able to vote on a variety of awards as part of the 2021 TEAM UP CHALLENGE, including the Favourite Influencer Award, by visiting https://www.pubgmobile.com.
For even more news from the Rising World of eSports Head here