Mobile players worldwide can now experience team deathmatch gameplay in PUBG MOBILE as part of a massive update released by Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation. For the first time ever, PUBG MOBILE offers a thrilling 4v4 battle mode for fast-paced firefights, along with multiple other in-game additions.
The new mode challenges PUBG MOBILE players to communicate, work together and think quickly to earn coveted chicken dinners. Available in both First-Person Perspective (FPP) and Third-Person Perspective (TPP), the new deathmatch mode features a timed respawn where teams race to earn the most kills.
Tencent Games and PUBG Corporation announced a new milestone that PUBG MOBILE has surpassed another impressive milestone as more than 400 million downloads and 50 million daily active users outside of China. PUBG MOBILE continues its streak as one of the world’s most popular mobile games, following its domination of 2018 end-of-year award shows including “Mobile Game of the Year” at the Golden Joysticks among multiple other nominations. PUBG MOBILE also made headlines earlier this year with its new Gameplay Management System, making it a forerunner in the movement to make gaming healthier.
The deathmatch mode is just one part of a larger update for PUBG MOBILE, including additional Godzilla: King of the Monsters themed rewards, gameplay additions and other notable balances.
Further details for today’s content update include:
- Upgraded Control Settings – FPP and TPP now have unique control settings for increased on-screen control customization, including an all-new button specifically for vaulting and climbing;
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters Theme – As part of the ongoing collaboration between PUBG MOBILE and Godzilla: King of the Monsters, a daunting Godzilla theme arrives in the lobby background, along with multiple other thematic events, rewards and more;
- Vikendi Footprints – Players can now act as sleuths to track their enemies’ whereabouts with the addition of footprints in the snow of the tundra Vikendi map;
- Third-Party Anti-Cheat System – A new app prevention system has been added to detect and report cheating behavior through emulators and modifiers;
- Fresh Achievement Challenges – Players can challenge themselves to a new wave of in-game trials for the new team deathmatch mode, such as initial and final kills, number of victories and more;
- Additional Social Features – Today’s update introduces multiple new social features, including MVP showcases at the ends of matches, upgrades to the portable closet system, popularity gift rewards, charisma ratings and more.
As PUBG MOBILE grows into one of the world’s most trending mobile games, it is devoted to providing a better gaming environment and being proactive in building a balanced and sustainable online gaming ecosystem. PUBG MOBILE is introducing a new “Gameplay Management” system to encourage players to enjoy a sustainable and balanced PUBG MOBILE experience. Players will be requested to confirm their age to activate the Gameplay Management when they login for the first time, while players under the age of 18 have to acknowledge a gaming advisory before they can start the game. Also, the system will use pop-up notification about game playing time to reminder players to have a rest or stop the game. The Gameplay Management system has been deployed recently in certain areas, including Asian and North African countries, including Indonesia, India, Nepal, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Kuwait, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt. The Gameplay Management system will deploy in other markets in stages.
Stay tuned for more details about future PUBG MOBILE announcements, including a rumored Summer carnival for community members, celebrities and more to introduce the new Summer theme TEAM UP!