Early in July, PUBG MOBILE launched the social responsibility campaign #PUBGMPlayAsOne to support the humanitarian aid organization Direct Relief on the COVID-19 global response project to supply medical aid to frontline healthcare workers. PUBG MOBILE players were able to support and participate directly in the response through a community fundraiser and in-game running challenge – resulting in a donation of $2 million from PUBG MOBILE to the cause.
It is revealed in PUBG MOBILE’s social channel (link) that players participated in the in-game running challenge have achieved a final milestone of a total 864 million kilometers in distance. This impressive feat raised the official donation of $2 million from PUBG MOBILE correspondingly, as promised in the event. Though the in-game challenge has ended, players and community members can still donate directly to Direct Relief at www.directrelief.org/pubgmobile.
In addition to the #PUBGMPlayAsOne campaign, with the same initiative of bringing positivity and encouragement to the world in gaming ways, PUBG MOBILE’s “Global Extreme Challenge” has invited celebrities, professional athletes, influencers and star gamers from around the world for an online show match broadcasted on July 30. The showdown is hosted by star streamer Powerbang Gaming, with PUBG MOBILE’s all-new Nordic map LIVIK as the battlefield. Millions of community members tuned in for witnessing this epic tournament and supporting the “play for good” initiative.
Scout, the professional player for esports team FNATIC and is one of India’s oldest PUBG MOBILE competitive players, took home both the India and MENA titles and the entire championship for his team. Indonesian actor and TV presenter Gading’s team won the champion of Southeast Asia, while Argentine professional footballers Paulo Dybala won the champion of South America. For North America and Europe champion, professional football midfielder Kevin de Bruyne’s team took the first place. Community members can check out the top highlights from Global Extreme Challenge here.
The #PUBGMPlayAsOne campaign and “Global Extreme Challenge” reinforce the PUBG MOBILE community banding together to make a real difference in difficult times under the global pandemic. With the immense global popularity of the game comes great social responsibility, PUBG MOBILE is trying to bring positive impact and encouragement to society and people.
Please see below for more information about the Star Captains:
- Kevin De Bruyne: Kevin De Bruyne is one of Europe’s best attacking players and one of the finest midfielders in the world.
- Aleyna Tilki: She won the “Best Female Pop Singer” award in the “Pantene Altın Kelebek Ödülleri 2018” which is the most prestigious music/TV awards in Turkey.
- Jack Osbourne: Jack Osbourne is the president of Osbourne Media and is best known for MTV’s reality show “The Osbournes”, SyFy’s “Haunted Highway” and A+E Network’s “Ozzy & Jack’s World Detour”.
- Ky Bowman: Ky Bowman is point guard for the NBA’s Golden State Warriors. Off the court, Bowman is a talented artist and avid gamer.
- Paulo Dybala: Paulo Dybala is an Argentine professional footballer and has been considered one of the world’s most valuable players.
- Levinho: Levinho is one of the best PUBG MOBILE players around the world, and shares his gameplays on YouTube with over 7M fans.
- Yurem Rojas: Yurem is a well-known actor in Mexico and she’s most famous for being a part of the comedy show me caigo de risa.
- Marian Santos: Mariam is a well-known model, TV host and singer in Mexico and she’s most famous for being a part of the Voice Mexico.
- GADING: Indonesian actor and TV presenter
- Aurelie: Indonesian actress, singer and model
- Hiền Hồ: famous female singer in Vietnam who won the Runner-up in The Voice Vietnam 2017. She is known as one of the most potential young artists of Vbiz with many hit songs and a PUBG MOBILE gamers as well
- MortaL: MortaL is a global mobile gaming icon. He is the leader of professional PUBG MOBILE esports team Team Soul and is known for his DP-28+6x sprays.
- Scout: Scout is a professional player for esports team FNATIC and is one of India’s oldest PUBG MOBILE competitive players. Sc0ut is popular for his m416+6x sprays.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here
For even more news from the world of Mobile Gaming click here