PUBG MOBILE World League (PMWL) Season Zero, a newly introduced PUBG MOBILE global esports program began on July 11th. Due to the global pandemic, the PMWL was changed to an online only format, with 20 teams joining the World League East and 20 teams joining World League West, all battling for a total prize pool of $850,000.
- This past weekend was the second of three Super Weekends, seeing teams battle it out for coveted World League Points which will determine who will proceed to the PUBG MOBILE World League Finals following next week’s Super Weekend.
- The last day of the 2nd Super Weekend of PMWL Season Zero just finished. We saw BTR stepping up and Megastars securing some important WWCD in PMWL East.
- In West Cloud9 overtook Loops and is leading with almost 20 points!
- Both regions have seen some super exciting and unique plays, especially in the West we’re seeing more action.
- The team standings following the second Super Weekend are:
This format will continue for one more week of East and West League Play. The best 16 teams from each League, based on their World League Points earned during the Super Weekends, will move to the PUBG MOBILE World League Finals on August 6-9, which are held for East and West respectively, crowning the best team from each league.
Voting has now closed on the Fan Favourite category of the PUBG MOBILE Esports Awards 2020, which has seen viewers vote in-game for their favourite players competing in PMWL Season Zero, and the result will be announced during the finals.
We also want to draw your attention to “Be Prepared”, the first episode in the new PUBG MOBILE Esports Official Documentary series, “Between the Battlegrounds”, available here on the PUBG MOBILE Esports YouTube channel.
“Between The Battlegrounds” is an 8-part documentary series that follows the world’s best PUBG MOBILE players to uncover what happens between the professional competitions. We learn everything about their tales, personal hardship, and professional development to understand what it takes to be the one.
Episode one “Be Prepared” shows us the aftermath of the 2019 PMCO Fall Split Global Finals and the impact COVID19 had. We’re introduced to Valdus Esports MARTIN, Team Secret MADTOI, and the Bigetron Esports twin duo Zuxxy and Luxxy as they are preparing for a new year of competitive PUBG MOBILE in 2020.
PUBG MOBILE World League Season Zero is held from 11th July to 9th August. The East League will begin at 17:30 IST (14:00 CEST/ 08:00 EDT) for Asia, and the West League will begin at 23:30 IST (20:00 CEST/14:00 EDT) for Europe, Middle East and Americas. Community members can witness the livestream at PUBG MOBILE Esports YouTube channel.
For even more news from the Rising World of eSports Head here