Ubisoft has announced the dates of the online Open Qualifiers for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege’s upcoming European Challenger League 2020, scheduled to begin on 8th September. Registrations for the each of the 4 Open Qualifiers are now open.
The European Challenger League provides an entry point to the European League, the highest level of Rainbow Six Siege competitive play in Europe. 12 teams will compete in the 2020 edition:
9 teams are or will be qualified from the European National programs:
- GSA League: Divizion
- Spain Nationals: Team Heretics
- Nordics Championship: to be determined
- Russian Major League: Winstrike Team
- UK Ireland Nationals: MnM Gaming
- Italy Nationals: MACKO Esports
- French League: BeKind
- Benelux League: Sector One
- Polish Masters: to be determined
2 teams based on the performance in the Challenger League Season XI:
And finally, the winner of the European Challenger League Qualifiers yet to be determined.
The Qualifiers will offer a chance to enter the European Challenger League. Registered teams will first compete in online Open Qualifiers for a chance to qualify for a Closed Qualifier.
The Open Qualifiers will run on the following dates:
- Open Qualifier 1: 8th-9th September. Registration open through this link.
- Open Qualifier 2: 15th-16th September. Registration open through this link.
- Open Qualifier 3: 19th September. Registration open through this link.
- Open Qualifier 4: 20th September. Registration open through this link.
The four top-ranking teams from each Open Qualifier will progress onto a Closed Qualifier taking place on 22nd and 23rd September and battle it out to determine which team will take the last seat in the European Challenger League 2020.
The European Challenger League 2020 will kick off on 25th September with the Group Stage which will determine the eight teams that will move on to the Challenger League Playoffs starting on 31st October. The winner will earn a spot in next season’s European League, while the runner-up will have another chance to qualify through a Promotion/Relegation match against the team that ranked 9th in the European League Season 2020.
The Promotion/Relegation Playoffs will happen during the European Finals. The European Finals will also crown the best European League team of Season 2020.
For extensive details on the European Challenger League, please visit: https://rainbow6.com/EUCL2020
To keep up with the Rainbow Six Esports European action, follow us at https://twitter.com/R6esportsEU
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here