DreadStar: The Quest for Revenge is now available on Steam for $9.99! The top-down shooter inspired by Tyrian brings a pumping chiptune soundtrack and pixel-perfect gunplay, while blending in RPG elements, level-ups, skill points and ship upgrades, without putting players through bullet hell.
For that truly authentic retro experience, DreadStar is presented in 4:3 with an old-school CRT mode, with the game releasing with 6 replayable sectors, multiple difficulty settings, leveling, skill points, ship upgrades and numerous customization options. If things get a little too hot to handle, you can always warp out, gear up and get back in there to seek revenge.
- Fast shoot ’em up gameplay with epic boss encounters.
- 4 different ships and 10 different weapons to annihilate your opponents.
- Tons of customization options from armors and engines, to shields and special items.
- Gain experience, level-ups and skill points to incrementally improve your ship’s strength.
- 6 replayable sectors filled with unique enemies, bosses and minibosses.
- 3 difficulty settings for every sector, where you’ll need to improve both your skill and your ship to progress.
- Gorgeous pixel art cutscenes and a kick-ass chiptunes soundtrack made on the famed Atari-ST and ZX Spectrum.
- A 4:3 display and CRT mode for that authentic retro experience.
DreadStar can be purchased on Steam, here.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here