- Ship of Heroes is about to begin its first closed combat Alpha tests in which groups of community supporters can team with game devs and street sweep in Apotheosis City. In anticipation of the start of the Alpha, the devs have made a number of upgrades and improvements, and have decided to show off a few of them in this video.
- Signature hero Meltdown shows off multiple power trays, level identification for enemies, intelligent tab-targeting, and auto-targeting of other enemies after an opponent is defeated. Several other improvements are also enabled, but not shown in this video. These include X- and Y- axis inversion for a player’s mouse, the option to lock the power trays, and more advanced power tray customization.
- The combat Alpha is scheduled to begin in the second half of February. The devs at SoH have a very good record for hitting their schedule milestones, so we should see some of the first alpha runs soon.
- The scene in the video is part of the Science Park area of Apotheosis City. The SoH devs follow a development strategy in which they build new features for their game and integrate them into the most recent version. So far, they’ve shown steady development progress, including high-quality powers, environments, combat, and lore.
- Ship of Heroes published 18 videos in 2017, which is an unusually rapid expansion for an MMO. In 2018, the devs have indicated that they plan to conduct the pending combat Alpha, then additional tests and feature expansions, leading to a Beta at the end of 2018.
Ship of Heroes conducted a successful Alpha test of their character creator in September, and is about to begin its first combat Alpha test with non-devs. The devs are looking into the possibility of conducting a large raid test later in 2018.