Not so long ago, people used to travel for many hours to send or withdraw money from banks and other financial institutions. But since the invention of the internet, everything has been made simple. Today, you can send and receive your funds from anywhere in the world. There are numerous safe and convenient ways you can transact online without leaving your house or office.
Skrill is one of the best-proven payment gateways that allow you to pay for goods and services or send money anytime, anywhere. The company was started back in 2001 as Moneybookers and is currently one of the most trusted payment options globally. Currently, it boasts of more serving more than 36 million people and is present in more than 200 countries. It has won several accolades, including Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Award, EGP B2B Award, and many others. Here, we take a look at the main Skrill features, its usage, pros and cons, and much more.
The main advantage of using Skrill is that it comes with numerous features to enable you to transact online without any problem.
- First, Skrill is very convenient as it lets you transfer your money instantly anywhere in the world. For example, in the gambling niche, if you are not in the case of holding payouts, deposits, and withdrawals via Skrill are held smoothly and fast. It is a top recommended payment option for business people, bankers, essay writers, academic writers, among many others.
- It is also a safe and secure system since all payment, and sensitive information is stored in one place. Another essential feature is that it is free and straightforward to create a Skrill account. You will not be charged any fees during the registration of after.
- Moreover, all transactions are done through emails, which make it simple to be used by people with all experiences. Last but not least, Skrill supports credit card transactions, meaning you can access your funds from wherever you are.
There are numerous areas and ways where Skrill is used today. As you may be aware, this online platform allows users to send and receive money easily and quickly from anywhere. It is not only fast but also very safe, and the transaction fees are slightly lower compared to other alternative options like PayPal and Neteller. In this section, we look at some of the main areas where Skrill is used today.
Betting Sites and Casinos
Skrill is one of the widely accepted payment options by leading online casinos and betting sites in the UK, New Zealand and globally. A good number of instant payout casino websites for Kiwis and other betting platforms allow players and bettors to add or cash out funds from their accounts. The exciting thing about using Skrill is that it comes with special offers and dealer for users. Some online casinos reward members with lucrative offers like the free spins, welcome bonuses when they deposit or withdraw their money with Skrill. However, it is essential to understand that you can only use Skrill in countries where gambling is legal. Otherwise, your account might be closed without notice.
Another area where Skrill is widely used is in the e-commerce world. There are many online stores where you can pay for your goods and services using Skrill. E-bay is one of the well-known online stores that accept Skrill payments. This payment option attracts many shoppers and merchants because it is convenient and safe.
Is it Worth to Use Skrill?
There are several pros and cons of using Skrill to pay for goods or send money. They include:
- It is free to join and maintain
- Great bonuses and special offers
- Ideal for depositing and withdrawing money from gambling sites
- Low transaction fees that could become even lower if you spend more
- Good mobile platform for the transfer of funds
- Supports instant and secure transfer of funds
- Simple and straightforward to use
- Has a currency conversion fee of between 2.99% and 3.99%
- Multiple currencies are available to VIP members only