Paradox Interactive and Tantalus Media have launched Utopia, the first major expansion for Stellaris: Console Edition. Utopia adds a wealth of new content including new customization features that allow players to greatly diversify their empire and truly customize their space nation. New features allow empires to ascend to their next stage of evolution, whether via genetic modification with Biological Mastery, transferring consciousness into machines with Synthetic Evolution, or unlocking the full psionic potential of one’s species through Transcendence.
Utopia features include:
- Megastructures: Build wondrous structures in your systems that can bring both prestige and major advantages to your race including Dyson Spheres (which give you the ability to capture the energy of an entire star), ring worlds and many more!
- Habitat Stations: Build “tall” and establish space stations that will house more population, serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.
- Ascension Perks: Collect Unity points and unlock Traditions and Ascension Perks. Choose one of the three Ascension Paths and achieve genetic modification with Biological Mastery, give up your biological forms in a Synthetic Evolution, or unlock the full psionic potential of your species through Transcendence.
- Indoctrination: Influence primitive civilizations and make them adopt your ethics through the use of observation stations, preparing them for enlightenment or annexation.
- Control the Conquered: Determine the fate of species that fall to your might. Have them serve other Pops as Domestic Servants, fight for your empire as Battle Thralls, or keep them as Livestock to feed your people.
- Advanced Governments: Adopt unique civics and authorities for your government. Play as a Fanatic Purifier and shun all diplomacy, become a Hive Mind to avoid political strife, or create a multi-species empire born of Syncretic Evolution.