Paradox Interactive and Iceflake Studios announced that Surviving the Aftermath will support Nintendo Switch following its launch early next year, along with Steam, Epic Games Store, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Players will be able to purchase the game in Spring of 2021 at a suggested retail price of $29.99 USD / £26.99 GBP / €29.99 EUR.
“Players have been asking for Nintendo Switch support since we first revealed the game at PDXCON last year. Keeping true to our word of listening to player feedback, we’ve been hard at work optimizing the game for Nintendo’s console,” Lasse Liljedahl, Game Director for Surviving the Aftermath said. “Expanding to Switch makes Surviving the Aftermath more accessible to our community and allows players to enjoy the game wherever they go.”
Players who don’t want to wait for the official launch can purchase the Early Access version of Surviving the Aftermath on Steam, Epic Games Store, or Xbox Game Preview for a suggested retail price of $24.99 USD / £21.99 GBP / €24.99 Euro. Paradox and Iceflake are developing Surviving the Aftermath alongside their community and have been incorporating player feedback into regular content updates throughout the Early Access period.
Surviving the Aftermath’s Key Features:
- No Place Like Home – Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 61 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security.
- Surviving Earth – Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with resources, wildlife, rival societies and more. Each environment has different conditions that affect your colony’s survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters, dangerous animals, and bandits will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is my Specialty – Recruit over 80 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected – Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Reputation Management – Every decision can have dire consequences on your colony’s survival. Your reputation with other societies will affect your ability to trade and can even affect your relationship with their leaders. Colonists have a mind of their own and will react to your choices.
- Defend the Gate – Fortify your gates and protect your colony from rampaging animals and deadly bandits. Enemies who breach the gate will pour into your colony, wreaking havoc on everything in their wake. Take command of your specialists and drive the invaders back.
Surviving the Aftermath launched into Early Access on the Epic Games Store and Xbox Game Preview during PDX CON last October, and launched into Steam Early Access on October 22 this year. Since its debut, Iceflake and Paradox have incorporated player feedback into 11 major content updates, introducing features that expand the World Map and Colony systems, enhancing combat, and creating a more detailed post-apocalyptic world. To see all the content added to Surviving the Aftermath since Early Access launch, check out the game’s roadmap.
For more information on Surviving the Aftermath, Paradox and Iceflake, visit www.survivingtheaftermath.com.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here