Liverpool-based developers, Lucid Games, have announced today that Switchblade, their strategic team-based MOBA, is available now in Early Access on PC via Steam and PlayStation 4. Steam gamers and PS Plus subscribers in Europe can also look forward to a 20% launch discount.
War is the new sport in Switchblade. Set in a futuristic world, Switchblade sees two teams compete in a frantic 5v5 arena-style battle, where players are able to switch seamlessly between heavily armed sci-fi vehicles, offering endless tactical choices as they work together to take down enemy towers.
Early Access players will get an exclusive Founders Pack upon purchasing the game, which will only be available to fans during Switchblade’s Early Access phase.
The Switchblade Founder’s Pack Includes:
- 16 Vehicles (plus All Future Vehicles)
- 16 Exclusive Founders Vehicle Skins
- 3 Day Battle Points (soft Currency) Boost
- 500 Bit Cash (hard Currency)
In addition to the above, PS Plus subscribers will also gain access to a special V.I.P. pack, which includes the following:
- Exclusive Fortress V.I.P. skin
- Exclusive Mob Buddy V.I.P. skin
- Exclusive Flaming Blade V.I.P. skin
- Exclusive Sniper Prince V.I.P. skin
- Exclusive Healing Hippo V.I.P. skin
- Exclusive Sidewinder V.I.P. skin
Lucid have praised the ongoing efforts of the growing Switchblade community, encouraging players to offer as much feedback as possible during Early Access.
“We can’t thank our amazing community enough for their incredible support so far. We consider them an extended part of the dev team and look forward to more players joining us, as we continue to shape Switchblade with their feedback during this exciting stage of development” — Craig Howard, Creative Director, Lucid Games.