As a new console generation dawns, Curve Digital has announced it has an Xbox Series X title in the works, courtesy of brand-new Swedish studio Neon Giant – an 11-person development team formed by individuals with considerable Triple-A experience on titles such as the Bulletstorm, Gears of War and Wolfenstein franchises.
Also launching on Xbox One and PC, The Ascent will offer players the chance to step into an action-orientated sci-fi RPG powered by Unreal Engine 4 that takes the genre to new levels, available to play in both single-player and up to four-player co-op.
“We wanted to create a sci-fi RPG where players can play in the way they like, building up their character with cyberwear, augmentations and looting in a story-driven environment,” says Tor Frick, Art Director and co-founder of Neon Giant.
Arcade Berg, fellow co-founder and the studio’s Game Director adds – “For us, creating The Ascent has been about us all taking what we’ve learned from working on Triple-A titles and bringing it to a highly focused project like this, redefining what gamers might have come to expect from a title developed by a small and flexible team.”
The Ascent will feature: –
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here