The fifth Black Game Pros Mixer will be held in the UK on Friday, 11th December. The mission of The Black Game Pros Mixer is to generate and foster more representation and diversity in the broader video game industry. The events facilitate networking and dialogue with relevant speakers as well as shine a light on under-represented job profiles to demonstrate the many pathways for people of colour to enter and thrive within the industry. The free event will take place online from 3pm to 6pm GMT and complimentary tickets will be available from this link.
Confirmed schedule and speakers are as follows:
- Chella Ramanan (Jr Narrative Designer at Ubisoft Massive and co-founder of POC in Play) – How did I get into the Industry?
- Sian-Selina Grant (Partnerships Manager at Newzoo) – The UK games market – Diversity and Inclusion
- Adam Campbell (Director of Product at Azoomee and co-founder of POC in Play) – How did I get into the industry?
- Breaking into the UK Games Industry: including panelists Rosemary Buahin (Games Category Lead, Xbox UK and Ireland), Lauren Dillon (Sr. Account Director at Premier PR London) and Adam Campbell – Moderated by Leon Winkler
- Being and staying successful in the UK Gaming Industry: with Stephanie Ijoma (founder of NNESAGA, Content creator, consultant and event producer), Marcus Bronzy (award-winning presenter and founder of How To Kill an Hour) and Timi Ofarn (co-founder of The Nerd Council) – Moderated by Kurston Timothy
- Making the Industry truly diverse: including panelists such as Mr Midas (award-winning Video Game TV Presenter, Content Producer and BAFTA Games member), Nigel Twumasi (co-founder of mayamada – The World’s First Manga Network) and Leon Winkler – Moderated by Kurston Timothy
- Mr Midas (Interviewed by Leon Winkler)
- Stephanie Ijoma (Interviewed by Leon Winkler)
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here