Having announced its support for new platforms a mere matter of weeks ago, developer Firesprite Games has confirmed that critically acclaimed sci-fi horror experience The Persistence has launched on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC in addition to updating the PlayStation 4 VR version to support non-VR.
The Persistence delivers players a brilliantly savage take on survival-horror that merges an innovative rogue-like design into the genre, with its release on console and PC also marking the first time it’s hit the 4K flat screen and Firesprite’s debut on both Nintendo and Microsoft platforms.
Set in the year 2521, The Persistence charges players with surviving on board a doomed deep space colony starship overrun with horrific and murderous mutants. Play sees them fighting their way through the depths of an ever-changing labyrinth to bring the ship back to Earth, with this new version heightening the tension thanks to enhanced environments and post-processing effects.
As part of the new release, Firesprite Games is also pleased to confirm that gamers who already own the PlayStation VR version will today also receive these features via an update on PlayStation 4 for no extra cost.
Games Publisher Perp Games will publish physical editions across retail on the three console platforms from this July, with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One physical versions launching on Friday 17th July 2020, with the Nintendo Switch version release following on Friday 31st July 2020.
The Persistence features: –
- A brutal take on the survival-horror genre that integrates rogue-like design elements to give the action an extra edge
- Procedurally generated stages that change with each playthrough, creating a labyrinth-like experience that adds to the tension
- Live, die, repeat. Play as dozens of different clones on board the ship, each one with the potential to be stronger than the last
- Tailored controls. enhanced environments and post-processing effects for PC, PS4 and Xbox One deliver a heightened fidelity of horror for fans of the genre
- Atmospheric, cutting-edge visuals in docked, handheld or tabletop modes for the Nintendo Switch platform
The Persistence is available digitally today on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC for £24.99/$29.99/€29.99. Firesprite Games has also confirmed a 10% launch discount for owners on PC across the Steam, Vive, and Oculus stores.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here