Firesprite Games has revealed that critically acclaimed sci-fi horror experience The Persistence will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC on Thursday, May 21st, 2020, for £24.99/$29.99/€29.99. Those who pre-order on Nintendo Switch (between Thursday, April 23rd and Wednesday, May 20th) and Xbox One (between Thursday, April 30th and Wednesday, May 20th) will receive a 10 percent discount.
Having made waves on PSVR in 2018, The Persistence offers players an intentionally savage take on survival-horror that integrates an innovative rogue-like design into the genre, with its release on console and PC marking the first time it’s hit the 4K flat screen and Firesprite’s debut on both Nintendo and Microsoft platforms.
“When we made the move to bring The Persistence to new platforms, our key focus was to ensure that the particularly brutal nature of gameplay made the leap to non-VR,” says Graeme Ankers, MD and founder of Firesprite Games. “As a result, The Persistence keeps players on edge from beginning to end, and with a procedurally generated environment forming around them, no two playthroughs are ever identical, meaning you will never find safety in the same spot.”
Set in the year 2521, The Persistence charges players with surviving on board a doomed deep space colony starship overrun with horrific and murderous mutants. Play sees them fighting their way through the depths of an ever-changing labyrinth to bring the ship back to Earth, with this new version heightening the tension thanks to enhanced environments and post-processing effects.
As part of the new release, Firesprite Games is also pleased to confirm that gamers who already own the PlayStation®VR version will also receive these features via an update on PlayStation®4 for no extra cost.
In addition, players who pre-purchase The Persistence on Nintendo Switch (between Thursday, April 23rd and Wednesday, May 20th) and Xbox One (between Thursday, April 30th and Wednesday, May 20th) will receive a 10 percent discount.
Games Publisher Perp Games will publish physical editions across retail on the three console platforms. The release will be as near as possible to the digital release taking into account the effect of COVID 19 on global retail.
The Persistence features: –
- A brutal take on the survival-horror genre that integrates rogue-like design elements to give the action an extra edge
- Procedurally generated stages that change with each playthrough, creating a labyrinth-like experience that adds to the tension
- Live, die, repeat. Play as dozens of different clones on board the ship, each one with the potential to be stronger than the last
- Tailored controls. enhanced environments and post-processing effects for PC, PS4 and Xbox One deliver a heightened fidelity of horror for fans of the genre
- Atmospheric, cutting-edge visuals in docked, handheld or tabletop modes for the Nintendo Switch platform
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here