The SUPERHOT Team proudly announces that the SUPERHOT VR: Arcade Edition is now available! The award-winning, VR first-person shooter has been updated specifically for VR Arcades and LBE (Location Based Entertainment) operators.
Blurring the lines between cautious strategy and unbridled mayhem, combined with the latest points-earning and quality of life features, SUPERHOT VR: Arcade Edition is the critically acclaimed VR experience revamped and remixed for VR Arcade and LBE use.
“It was clear there was a large appetite for a version of SUPERHOT VR that played amazingly well for both players and operators in a public setting” said Alastair Hebson, Head of Special Projects, “it was an obvious decision for us to greenlight a project and hire a team solely focused on making it happen. It’s exciting for us to be in the LBE space and part of this growing industry sector.
Months of design, development and testing have ensured that SUPERHOT VR: Arcade Edition is the best experience for those looking to deploy SUPERHOT VR in public commercial locations. Play SUPERHOT VR in full arcade style and earn points to take your place on the leaderboard, moving smoothly between levels without the need to ever touch floppy disks or stop the gameplay! Easily choose the exact level you want to play, try out the latest time modes including custom session length settings – and experience all of this in one of the 11 supported languages.
- Points mean prizes – a superb, all new scoring feature that increases fun, competition and replayability
- Leaderboards – local leaderboards with a great new Hall of Fame experience for players. Operators can easily manage leaderboards to better support special events and parties.
- New modes – operators can select between new and optional time limited modes with 5, 15, and 30-minute session lengths.
- Flexibility – the new Administrator Panel provides convenient and complete control over how exactly SUPERHOT VR: Arcade Edition is deployed. Easily select default modes, options and settings to ensure the game suits your situation perfectly.
- Control options – select between the Classic and Updated HTC Vive control schemes.
- Attract Mode – an optional setting to trigger an entertaining video that’ll help draw attention to a VR station which nobody has interacted with in a while.
- Language support – support for 11 languages: English, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Polish and Russian.
Although the Arcade Edition of SUPERHOT VR is not currently available for at-home players on traditional PC and console platforms, the team is keen to make this happen. Work is already underway to determine how to bring the most suitable arcade features to our existing fans in the absolute best way possible.
For those interested in operating SUPERHOT VR: Arcade Edition in a commercial setting, please head over to Springboard VR. For more general information about the SUPERHOT VR Arcade Edition, please visit: