Welcome back to another week of the #indiedevhour where we walk the web and find the games we want to showcase, so lets get this started
Snowcastle Games have finally released their adventure RPG, ‘Earthlock’ on the Nintendo Switch, but is already available to play on PC and Mac, XBOX One, PS4 and the Wii U. So why is this game worth playing on the Switch you might ask, well this version has had major improvements and changes with regard to the main story, side quests, performance and much more.
The game inspired by late 90’s classic RPG, that includes turn based combat and character progression. You must journey to rescue Amon’s Uncle from an ancient cult and uncover the secret of Earthlock. The game offers;
- Exploration of the magical world of Umbra.
- Fast-paced and highly strategic turn-based battles.
- Harvest magical materials to craft helpful items and perks on your home island.
- Utilize Your Talent Table: combining a classic ‘skilltree’ and equipment to customize your character’s progression.
- Alternate between 6 playable characters.
- Grow your friendships between different character pairs for a strategic advantage in combat.
- Help the people of Umbra along the way to unlock more useful items.
Cows VS Vikings is the first tower defence game developed by Idol Studio and it’s free to play. What started off as a training project for the team seems to have exploded into a game that has been described as a ‘visually beautiful’ and ‘very addictive’. So you can be sure this is a game that will eat away at your spare time and give you one hell of a laugh. I don’t know whether it is fortunate or unfortunate, but you play the Vikings, not the Cows.
After years of harmony between Vikings and Cows, tensions and mistrust grew as bulls began to disappear, and fancy new head gear grew more common place. This caused the beginning of the ‘Great Cattle Battle’. As the player you must hold back the hordes of bovine attacks with the use of different defensive towers and save the Vikings from udder destruction. Available on PC, IPads, IPhones and Android the game consists of;
- Colourful, eye-friendly graphics and stunning visual effects
- Scrupulously developed game balance
- Engaging interesting story
- Memorable chgaracters
- Classic Tower Defence mechanics
- Vivid gameplay, full of fun and adrenaline
Finally, another game coming to the Nintendo Switch is the overpowered ninja that is Shadow Bug. While already available on the App Store, Google Play and Steam, the Hero developed by Muro Studios will make his debut on the Switch come the 30th of March.
The side scrolling game delivers vivid and richly designed backdrops that jut out the almost monochromatic foreground and the Hero in a cleverly depicted forest corrupted by an evil factory. Using your ninja skills you progress through the level avoiding traps and encountering unforgettable creature while discovering the secrets of the Shadow Bug.
- Hand crafted levels filled with action, exploration and puzzles.
- Memorable boss fights.
- Mesmerizing art with picturesque parallax backgrounds and mystical silhouettes.
- Breathtaking soundscape with an epic soundtrack and immersive sound effects.
- Leaderboards for speedrunning levels.
- A completely new take on platformer games.