SQUARE ENIX announced that Trials of Mana, the full-3D remake of the beloved classic, will receive a patch update, bringing new challenges and experiences to players. This update is in celebration of the recent 25th anniversary of the release of the original Trials of Mana, known as Seiken Densetsu 3 in Japan. Additionally, SQUARE ENIX is holding a sale on digital versions of titles in the series from October 14 through November 2.
Patch 1.1.0 for Trials of Mana is scheduled for release today and will include a number of game content updates and additions, such as:
- “No Future” Difficulty – This new difficulty level will put even the most experienced players to the test. This difficulty setting will allow players to challenge even stronger enemies and bosses with restrictions on certain abilities and item usage, as well as time limits on boss battles. Players can also obtain stronger versions of equipment and execute new chain abilities.
- “Expert” Difficulty and Level Reset in New Game Plus – Players will have the option to select “Expert” as a difficulty setting when starting a New Game Plus playthrough. Additionally, the option to revert characters to level 1 when starting a New Game Plus playthrough has been added.
- Costume Adjustments – Unlocked costumes can be accessed after resetting a character’s class or when starting a New Game Plus playthrough.
- Addition of goddess statues to the map, bug fixes, and more.
Patch 1.1.0 Allows Players New Challenges with Time Limits on Boss Battles
Players who complete the story available after completing the “No Future” difficulty mode will be rewarded with the “Rabite Slippers” equipment, which will allow players to traverse fields and dungeons without encountering enemies.
In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the original Trials of Mana, select digital download titles in the Mana series are available at a discounted price through November 2.
- Trials of Mana is available at a 30% discount on:
- Secret of Mana is available at a 50% discount on:
- Collection of Mana is available at a 50% discount on:
Additionally, Trials of Mana fans are encouraged to share their love of the game with friends and coworkers with a special set of Zoom backgrounds, available to download for free. The set of five backgrounds includes a variety of Trials of Mana artwork and character illustration, and can be downloaded here.
For additional activities celebrating the 25th anniversary of Trials of Mana and details on forthcoming discounts for PlayStation 4, please continue to visit the official Mana series social channels on Twitter and Facebook.
Originally released in Japan as Seiken Densetsu 3 in 1995, Trials of Mana is a full, high-definition remake of the third entry in the classic Mana series. The game immerses players in an unforgettable adventure filled with exciting gameplay, memorable heroes and villains. Players will craft varying experiences by selecting a party of three from six unique characters as they embark on the adventure of a lifetime, upgrading their characters’ classes into more powerful forms, learning over 300 different abilities, and discovering a world of secrets and mysteries to explore. Additionally, players can discover an exciting new playable chapter after finishing the game not found in the original release, in which they can unlock brand-new classes, and challenge a powerful new threat.
Trials of Mana is now available for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam. For more information, visit www.trialsofmana.com.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here