Ubisoft announced that the best professional teams of the 2020 European League Season of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege will compete in the European Finals between 15th and 17th January. For health and safety reasons, the tournament has been adjusted to a fully online format.
The European Finals will mark the end of the 2020 Season of the European League. The four top organisations from the tournament will battle it out for the title of European Champion, while a European Challenger League team will compete in an anticipated promotion/relegation match to join the highest level of competitive play in the region next season.
The European League semi-finals and third-place matches will be played in a best-of-three format, while the Challenger League Grand Final, the Promotion/Relegation match and the European League Grand Final will be played in best-of-five format.
The full schedule will be as follows:
- Friday, 15th January starting at 2pm UK time:
- European League Semi-final 1: BDS vs. Natus Vincere
- European Challenger League Final: Cowana Gaming vs. MNM
- Saturday, 16th January starting at 2pm UK time:
- European League Semi-final 2: G2 Esports vs. Virtus.pro
- Relegation match: Rogue vs. Loser of the European Challenger League Final
- Sunday, 17th January starting at 2pm UK time:
- European League third-place match: Loser of semi-final 1 vs Loser of semi-final 2
- European League Grand Final: Winner of semi-final 1 vs Winner of semi-final 2
The tournament will see the participants battle it out for the regional crown as well as a share of the USD $100,000 total prize pool. All the details about the tournament can be found at http://www.rainbow6.com/EUFinals2021.
To follow or take part in the conversation on all things European Finals, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/R6esports and twitter.com/R6esportsEU with the hashtag #R6EUL, or on instagram.com/R6Esports.
For even more news from the Rising World of eSports Head here