The UK video game music scene’s best and brightest will be performing tonight at the very first Game Changers event, with live and exclusive performances from Chipzel, Luci Holland, Nyokeë and more.
Celebrating the UK scene’s diversity and showcasing the very best it has to offer, Game Changers is the first in a new series of events from Ukie, the UK video game industry trade body.
The event, which being hosted live from London’s Loading Bar and sponsored by Harmonix and NCSOFT’s upcoming music game FUSER, will also be raising money for games industry charity GamesAid and Mermaids, a charity supporting trans and gender-diverse youth.
It all takes place 19:30 – 23:00 BST on Ukie’s Twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/ukietv.
Providing a mix of live-as-it-happens performances and exclusive video content, the evening will feature high-energy rave sets from chiptune and synth artists Chipzel and Circuit Bird, an exclusive Zoom-recorded collaboration between composer Luci Holland and the Tinderbox orchestra, a journey through the diverse genres of indie game specialist Ninichi and the synth-heavy retro game sounds and visuals of singer and producer Nyokeë.
This Game Changers series aims to highlight the incredible work of a diverse range of people across the UK industry, with the aim of encouraging more people from a wider range of backgrounds to consider careers in games.
- Niamh Houston, AKA Chipzel, is a BAFTA-nominated and award-winning independent composer, producer and performer from Northern Ireland. Chipzel ‘s unique music combines her specialist instrument, the Nintendo Gameboy, with an ever-developing blend of electronic and analogue sound. Chipzel is a prolific game composer, with smash indie titles including Super Hexagon, Crypt of the Necrodancer and, more recently, Dicey Dungeons to her name. She has also released three studio albums, scored for mixed media and toured worldwide.
- Website: https://chipzel.co.uk/
- Twitter: @chipzel
- Luci Holland is a Scottish composer and sound artist, based in Edinburgh, creating music and audiovisual art for games, film and concerts. Her recent games work includes Blazing Griffin‘s 2018 release Murderous Pursuits, the orchestration and arrangement of fellow games composer Jessica Curry’s Disappearing for the Materia Collective and a bespoke soundtrack for the extensive Skyrim mod Lordbound. Luci also works as a musical director and composer with the youth music charity Tinderbox Project and in 2019 joined the classical music station Scala Radio to present The Console, a weekly one-hour show dedicated to celebrating great music in games.
- Website: https://luciholland.com/
- Twitter: @LuciHolland
- Inspired by early Chiptune and 8-bit music, singer and producer Nyokeë presents an energetic mix of synth heavy Kawaii Bass and retro game sounds, wrapped in electrifying games-influenced visuals and Harajuku street fashion. While primarily an artist-producer, her work highlights the active influence games music and visuals are having on wider musical culture, and she continues to expand her repertoire with an as-yet-unannounced game soundtrack. Her influences include Kero Kero Bonito, BT, Bjork and Unicorn Kid.
- Website: https://www.nyokeemusic.com/
- Twitter: @nyokee
- Ninichi is a British & Thai composer born & based in the UK, specialising in game music but also writing for film, TV and commercial projects. She composes in a broad range of styles encompassing electronic, jazz and orchestral pieces, with Oriental and African influences, and has created the soundtracks for a wealth of indie titles, including Arcadium, Mini Hospital and the forthcoming games Powerpool Slam and Cyclocube. A strong advocate for video game music and independent music creation, Ninichi was also featured in the BBC Bitesize Series: Composing Music for Video Games.
- Website: https://ninichimusic.com/
- Twitter: @ninichimusic
- Luka-Antonia Harvie, AKA Circuit Bird, is a freelance video game sound designer and musician based in Hull and London. An emerging artist, specialising in chiptune, rave and Eurodance, Circuit Bird’s work to date has focused on podcast intros, jingles and voice acting, but she hopes to expand her growing repertoire with work on game-related projects.
- Website: https://soundcloud.com/circuitbird
- Twitter: @circuitbird
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here