Ubisoft announced that Watch Dogs: Legion will be available to play for free from 25th – 29th March on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5*, Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC. In addition, pre-load will be available tomorrow.
Every character in near-future London will be available to recruit and play as during the Free Trial Weekend in both single-player and online modes. Players will be able to check out all of the open-world activities such as playing darts at the local pub and participating in bareknuckle fights, as well as explore half of the eight boroughs including the City of London and Islington & Hackney. Additionally, players will be able to discover the game’s storyline up to the Skye Larsen mission.
Players who want to continue their fight will keep their game progression and enjoy discounts on Watch Dogs: Legion and the season pass across selected platforms:
- Xbox: From 23rd March to 15th April – 50% off of the Standard and Ultimate editions.
- PlayStation: From 24th March to 31st March – 50% off of the Standard and Ultimate editions and 25% off of the season pass
- Ubisoft Store on Windows PC: From 18th March to 9th April – 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25% off of the season pass
- Epic Games Store on Windows PC: March 25th to April 8th – 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25% off of the season pass
- Stadia: From 25th March – 29th March, 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions and 25% off of the season pass.
More information on the Free Trial Weekend, including exact timing, can be found at https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/watch-dogs/legion/news-updates/1VHqUt5zcoSIcIkVCoIWF5/watch-dogs-legion-free-trial-weekend
Furthermore, Ubisoft has detailed the availability of the free post-launch content for all Watch Dogs: Legion players as well as the new, exclusive content for season pass owners across single-player and online modes.
The post-launch content for all Watch Dogs: Legion players include:
- Today, 23rd March: Leader of the Pack, the first Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency, is available to play in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Working with a whistle-blower, DedSec uncovers a deadly initiative that brings the next level of hive-mind based AI on Urban Drone Warfare. They must race to stop the program at its tracks and will discover a hidden terrifying threat at the heart of it all.
- In late-May, players will have access to two new PvP modes: Extraction and fan favourite, Invasion, and a new Tactical Op, Project Omni, in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Project Omni is intense and challenging and will need a team of four to infiltrate a secret project to find out why Londoners’ Optik devices are negatively affecting their brains.
For season pass owners:
- In late April, Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals will be available alongside a new mission.
- Late June will see the release Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 fully playable in the single player campaign and online.
- In August, Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order from Assassin’s Creed® will be available as a new playable character alongside new missions.
In Watch Dogs: Legion, London is facing its downfall. Amidst the growing unrest of a restless London, an unknown entity named Zero-Day has framed secret underground resistance DedSec for coordinated bombings across London. In the aftermath, criminal opportunists from every corner of London took hold and filled the void left by a defeated government. As a member of DedSec, players will be going up against those criminal opportunists in Watch Dogs: Legion; sadists, mercenaries, cybercriminals, and more; they’ll have to be prepared for a variety of situations. Players must recruit members into their DedSec Resistance to take on these criminal opportunists, liberate London and uncover the identity of Zero-Day.
Watch Dogs: Legion has a variety of accessibility options, ranging from fully customisable controls to directional audio captions. A full list of accessibility options can be found on news.ubisoft.com.
For the latest news on Watch Dogs: Legion and all of Ubisoft’s games, please visit news.ubisoft.com.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here