Ylands is launching out of Early Access and into Free-to-Play, the game is a community-driven, creator-made, and free-to-play paradise for PC, Xbox One, and Mobile!
Along with the official 1.0 release, the developers at Bohemia Interactive wanted to address the most burning question players have about the game: How on earth do you even pronounce “Ylands”?! While the (contested) official stance is “EYE-LANDS”, given that this is a player-driven title, we’re happy if you make the game your own (“WHY-lands”, “YEH-lands”, etc. The sky’s the limit!).
As Ylands is predominantly a creators platform, Bohemia Interactive is planning on supporting it for many years to come. It is crucial to be available to as many players (and creators) as possible, so the change to a Free-to-Play format was the logical next step. By removing the barrier of entry and giving players a chance to monetize their creations – the 1.0 launch paves the way to a bright future. This version of Ylands is the definitive creativity toolbox, builds on the foundations laid down in Early Access and complements the core gameplay with many new features and additions to bring limitless fun and creativity to old and new players alike.
While Ylands is moving from Early Access to Free-to-play, the creative core of Ylands remains the same: CREATE, SHARE, and PLAY.
- CREATE any game (from RPG epics to racing games – and anything in-between) you can dream of using the powerful Editor, then breathe life into your creations via Visual Scripting.
- SHARE your creations with the entire world via the Ylands Workshop and optionally monetize any aspect of your creativity.
- PLAY countless unique games from the Workshop, across many genres and experiences. There is something new to play every day.
Ylands will undergo some important changes with today’s 1.0 launch:
- FREE TO PLAY: Ylands is now free to download, install and play — anyone, anywhere can access the endless library of player-created games or take a jab at creating something of their own via the built-in Editor.
- EXPLORATION: The “Explore mode” is now a stand-alone DLC (that is freely available to anyone who bought the game during early access).
- YLANDS MOBILE: The handheld version of Ylands is designed from the ground-up to support and work on mobile devices (will expand to more devices in the future). Most of the games are shared between desktop and mobile versions, so you’ll have access to worlds of content on the go.
You can find all the new updates on our developer site here.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here