Curve Digital has announced it will publish Just Die Already – the next game from Armin Ibrisagic, the designer behind the multi-million selling Goat Simulator.
Taking place in a manic sandbox, Just Die Already – developed by Ibrisagic’s new studio DoubleMoose – charges players with taking on the role of an Old Age Pensioner keen to secure a place at the World’s most luxurious retirement home. The only problem is, qualifying for that golden ticket means pushing your brittle old body to the limits, pulling off some extreme challenges that would risk pulverizing even those of us in our prime.
Ever wanted to turn yourself into a human missile, launching yourself at your foe from a catapult? Just Die Already has you covered. Considered using your disembodied head as a weapon to take out your rival? That’s just part and parcel of play. Just Die Already is filled to the brim with crazy tools and contraptions, allowing players – either solo or with up to three friends – to delight in the experimental, working out ever more incredible ways to secure the game’s fabled golden tickets.
“At Curve Digital we’ve long admired Armin and his work, and we watched as Goat Simulator took the world by storm,” says Simon Byron, publishing director at Curve Digital. “It was a landmark game that quite rightly exploded onto the scene, and we can see that Just Die Already’s over-the-top, ridiculous Mayhem Sandbox ticks that same ‘not to be taken seriously’ box. It’s the ultimate ‘what would happen if…’ game – a pure playground of mindless mania, and that’s why we love it.”
Just Die Already will be releasing on PC in the Summer, but players won’t have too long to wait before they can escape to the game’s crazy world themselves. A demo version is being made available on Steam as part of the Steam Game Festival summer edition, which starts on June 16th 6pm BST/7pm CET/1pm ET/10am PDT and finishes at the same time on June 22nd, with people also able to Wishlist in order to be notified of the game’s release.
Just Die Already features:
- Be Old, Be Bold: You get to be an old person. Grumpy, old, frail and grumbling about the World: the dream you didn’t know you had until now. Finally, you’ve found something in common with your average Boomer.
- Break A Leg…Break A Neck, A Few Ribs, Maybe A Nose: Discover the joys of being ancient and brittle, anything can break you and you can break your everything.
- Don’t Try This At (Retirement) Home: Complete dangerous challenges that you would never ever try at home and answer existential questions like: can you launch yourself from a catapult and land on someone? Or, can you survive losing your head, grabbing it and whacking someone with it?
- One Mission: Retire: Earn rewards by completing dangerous challenges. Your goal? To qualify for a proper retirement home. That makes perfect sense. Word of advice: try and stay in one piece so you can enjoy it in the end…
- Sandbox Multiplayer: Play alone, or with up to 4 players in online multiplayer. Complete challenges together, or just cause mayhem and rip your friends’ limbs off!
- Be Old. Twice: You get to be an old person. So good we said it twice.
- Limitless Interaction: Pick up and interact with a very wide variety of objects. Everything from giant trouts, trampolines, firearms, electrical wiring, and fireworks, just to mention a few. Bazookas, axes, trombones, air horns and jetpacks to mention a few more. Yes, they all can be used to hurt and maim.
- Embrace Your Inner Boomer: Wreak havoc on the Millennial and Zoomer population (we forgot Generation X, just like everyone else). NPCs react differently depending on their age – some will laugh and clap at others getting hurt while others will run away in terror.
- The Game Can Be As Crazy As You: The city is filled with detailed environments, loaded with secrets and hidden paths, that encourage detailed exploration and quirky experimentation to truly see it all.
- One More Thing: Wait, wait one last thing! Did we mention you can find a glue gun that lets you, for example, attach fireworks to a bike, and then ride the bike? Or that you can disrupt traffic and make a traffic jam and make cars explode? Or that you can attach wings to your arm and fly around?
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here