Dell and Alienware arrive at the 11th annual Gamescom trade fair with new tech to satisfy the needs of die-hard gamers and newbies alike – laptops, desktops, monitors, headsets, keyboards, mice – a complete gaming ecosystem shaped by tenacity and relentless innovation.
“For decades, Dell and Alienware have been trailblazers in the PC gaming industry,” said Ray Wah, senior vice president, Consumer and Small Business Product Group for Dell Technologies. “We’re introducing a complete PC gaming ecosystem, with industry firsts, cutting-edge designs and exceptional performance that will keep players ahead of the competition.”
New Alienware Aurora with Legend Industrial Design
Earlier this year at CES, Alienware began rolling out a new design identity, Alienware’s Legend industrial design, which was seen as a bold departure from its current look and the sea of sameness in the industry. The new Alienware Aurora brings this Legend industrial design to a desktop for the first time. Born from the ethos of purposeful innovation, Alienware’s new Legend industrial design has been awarded for its ground up engineering that merges design innovations and high-performance torque.
The new Alienware Aurora introduces a new chassis design for this mid-tower classic, with Legend industrial design bringing an even more compact form factor as it has with Alienware’s thin-and-light laptops. A proven powerhouse with Intel’s latest 9th Gen Core Processors and NVIDIA GeForce graphic cards, the improved airflow let’s gamers game to their best. And a tool-less upgrade option offers product longevity and scalable performance. Available in the UK from 10 September, pricing to be confirmed closer to time.
Introducing first G series Dell G5 desktop
For the new PC gamer, to gamers looking to game on a budget, the new Dell G5 Desktop extends the G Series brand into the realm of desktops. The Dell G5 Desktop is designed to offer game-ready power, graphics and features in a compact, upgradeable form. Up to i9 K-Series CPUs and VR-capable NVIDIA GeForce GTX and RTX or AMD Radeon graphic cards provide powerful performance and split-second responsiveness for uninterrupted gameplay. It is easy to expand or upgrade with a tool-less entry and additional storage slots inside. Optimal cooling design along with four thermal mode options that can be set in the Alienware Command Center, provide the ability to adjust to your needs, whether gaming, working, studying or watching videos. The surprisingly compact design takes up minimal space, making it easier to game in a smaller space like a dorm room, bedroom, or den. A distinctive, gamer-inspired design with optional blue LED lighting and optional clear window side panel gives the G5 gaming desktop a dynamic look and feel. Available in the UK from 20 August, starting at £849
Dell and Alienware continue to push the boundaries in monitor design, innovation and functionality to heighten the visual gaming experience. Marking yet another milestone, Alienware rolls out the world’s first 55-inch OLED Gaming Monitor1 and introduces fast IPS (in-plane switching) technology with the new Legend industrial design to its gaming monitors line-up for the first time.
- Alienware 55 OLED Gaming Monitor | AW5520QF brings the world a true gaming spectacle, a vision-filling screen with stunning image quality for which OLED is known. Featuring the Alienware’s new Legend industrial design, the Alienware 55 OLED Gaming Monitor offers a 120Hz variable refresh rate, response time of 0.5ms (grey-to-grey), and low input latency so images get to the screen much faster allowing a gamer’s reactions to be quicker, more accurate and ahead of the competition. Incredible colour accuracy and depth with 98.5% DCI-P3 colour coverage lets gamers experience the colours as it was designed. The sharp 4K UHD resolution allows for either sitting up close for intense gaming, or farther away with a gamepad, for a more casual experience. AMD Radeon FreeSync minimises graphic distortions such as tearing and artefacts for smooth and steady imagery. Customise the gaming experience with AlienFX lighting, gaming-centric on-screen display (OSD) and a remote control whether having the monitor placed on the gaming desk or mounted on the wall, thanks to the included VESA mount adapter. Built-in speakers are tuned with Waves MaxxAudio for audio accuracy and clarity. Available in the UK from 30 September, starting at £3,199.99
- Alienware 34 Curved Gaming Monitor | AW3420DW pulls gamers right into the gaming action with an immersive 1900R curved, wide 21:9 WQHD-resolution monitor. Alienware’s first 34-inch WQHD 120Hz curved gaming monitor with fast IPS response time and IPS Nano colour technology3 that provides 98% DCI-P3 colour coverage, along with a 120Hz (native) refresh rate and NVIDIA G-SYNC display technology that offers smooth and realistic images. Both speed and high-quality imagery are made possible by the new IPS technology that allows for the fast response time while still delivering on the well-known benefits of IPS: high colour accuracy and wide-angle viewing. The monitor also features AlienFX lighting with four customisable zones, gaming-centric on-screen-display and height-adjustable stand allowing elegant cable management. Available in the UK from 28 August, starting at £1,099.99
- Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor | AW2720HF is all about speed with the new fast IPS technology, a blazing 240Hz refresh rate and true 1ms response time (grey-to-grey)3 with AMD Radeon FreeSync. Native FHD resolution provides for sharper images for games running at 1080p while IPS delivers wide-viewing angle and 99% sRGB coverage. The monitor comes with AlienFX lighting, adjustable stand and gaming-centric OSD. Available in the UK from 17 September, starting at £419.99
- Dell 32 Curved Gaming Monitor | S3220DGF is a curved 1800R screen which enhances field-of-vision and provides a wrap-around perspective for a truly immersive gaming and movie experience. Gamers can experience up to 165Hz refresh rates4 for astonishingly fast gameplay and see up to 77% more on-screen game content with QHD resolution compared to FHD. They can also enjoy smooth, low-latency high dynamic range gaming with AMD Radeon FreeSync 2 HDR Technology and conquer with clarity as lifelike visuals and vivid colours comes standard with VESA Display HDR 400 and >90% DCI-P3 colour coverage. UK availability date to be confirmed, starting at £449.99
New Alienware Peripherals Complete Ecosystem
Every detail matters. Peripherals are the essential connection between the gamer and the game. They are central to winning the game and Alienware understands this. Guided by the gaming community and pro players, Alienware is rolling out a newly designed assortment of Legend industrial design peripherals, completing the Alienware battle station.
- Alienware Low-Profile RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | AW510K is a full-featured, maximum performance keyboard that incorporates the latest generation Cherry MX Low-Profile Red keys. Designed for gamer-centric personalization with fully programmable keys, dedicated audio controls and choice of 16.8 million AlienFX per-key RGB lighting for immersive gaming. Available in the UK from 20 August for £149.99
- Alienware Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | AW310K provides all the fundamentals gamers need offering leading edge features like the latest generation Cherry MX Red keys in a floating key architecture with white backlit keys. With fully programmable keys for macros and key assignments and dedicated audio controls, it is an essential gaming keyboard built to last. Available in the UK from 20 August for £89.99
- Alienware Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse | AW610M provides gamers with the best wireless gaming experience with a leading battery life of up to 350 hours on a single charge5. In addition to a 1,000Hz polling rate in both wired or wireless mode for maximum performance, this mouse has our best-in-class Alienware 16,000 DPI sensor for ultimate accuracy. The custom adjustable scroll wheel, 7 fully programmable buttons and 16.8 million AlienFX RGB lighting provide a fully personalisable gaming experience. Available in the UK from 20 August for £149.99
- Alienware RGB Gaming Mouse | AW510M delivers true versatility with 10 fully programmable buttons, optimized side button layout and a custom adjustable scroll wheel to suit all genres. Our best-in-class custom Alienware 16,000 DPI sensor offers outstanding accuracy5 while 16.8 million AlienFX RGB lighting lets gamers personalize their gaming experience. Available in the UK from 20 August for £79.99
- Alienware Wireless Gaming Mouse | AW310M helps gamers take their game wherever they go with this full-sized mobile gaming mouse that comes with six fully programmable buttons and provides almost 300 hours of gaming on a single AA battery. This mouse sports a custom Alienware 12,000 DPI sensor and signature Alienware design that caters to most hand sizes and usage styles. Available in the UK from 20 August for £49.99
Alienware Arena 10-Year Anniversary
When it launched in 2009, Alienware Arena served as a community website focused on tournaments for competition titles. As our community has grown to over 7 million members worldwide over the past decade, we’ve also branched out our content and features on the site– from a portal for live streamed content on Alienware TV to the Alienware Rewards Points Loyalty Program and myriad giveaways – evolving as its audience morphed into the broader gaming community.
Relaunching on August 19, Alienware Arena will sport a fresh new design that better channels the Alienware aesthetic, with side-scrolling items and an enhanced mobile experience. Along with daily login bonuses and weekly promotions, there will be great new ways to earn Alienware Reward Points, exclusive user customization options, and unique content from gaming publishers. Improved forums for quicker posting, new Friends management, one-stop news for “all things gaming” at Dell and, true to its original mission, new community tournaments will kick the site up a few notches.
Starting 16:30PM (BST) on 19 August, gamers who join or are a member of Alienware Arena can claim a code for a one-month membership to Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) in the Giveaways section of the website. With Xbox Game Pass for PC, play the highly anticipated “Gears 5” the same day it launches on September 10 or rediscover the Halo saga with “Halo: The Master Chief Collection.” Xbox Game Pass for PC gives you immediate access to a highly curated library of over 100 high-quality games on Windows 10, with new games added all the time.
Dell & Alienware Gamescom Activations
Dell and Alienware will debut its new gaming portfolio ranging from desktops to monitors and peripherals at Gamescom 2019 in Hall 2, C-059 and Hall 7, B-030.