During last month’s Endless Free Weekend, Amplitude gave Endless Space 2 players the opportunity to unlock 6 new fleet skins by playing a total of 1 million hours across their games. Little did they know that they would end up playing a total of 2.8 million hours (!!), so this community update also includes the long-awaited Hissho comic, AI modding, and a making-of video along with the six new fleet skins. To celebrate, Endless Space 2 will be 66% off on Steam until September 13th
FREE FLEET SKINS
As promised, today we’re delivering the following fabulous looks for your spacetime pleasure:
- Riftborn “Redshifted” skin – Particles in zones inhabited by Riftborn are occasionally redshifted as a temporary adaptation to slow the local effects of corruption, an important tool in offsetting problems encountered by their ships in the galaxy.
- Sophon “Mavros” skin – The intellectually superior Sophons would never admit to being jealous of the Mavros’ swagger, but occasionally like to remind others that they, too, are entirely capable of blowing up moons…
- Unfallen “Firekeepers” skin – The Firekeepers support the Unfallen lifecycle by preparing the fields with brushfires and melting resin to cover the Unfallen seeds. These ceremonial hulls commemorate this organization.
- Vodyani “Heretic” skin – When Isyander St. Shaiad decided to become a heretic, he changed more than just his name. He rebuilt the armor of his ships in crimson and white, colors that he believed were initially used on the Endless altars to the Lost.
- Lumeris “Buccaneer” skin – A nod to the piracy between friends that was common before the Four Families became structured and formalized. There are rumors though, that some of these fleets hail from a shadowy, rogue operation…
- Horatio “Emerald” skin – Horatio liked emerald green this weekend. That is all.