- Legends of Runeterra, the strategy card game set in the world of League of Legends, will officially launch for PC and mobile on April 30, 2020. LoR is fully cross-platform.
- LoR will also launch with a new set of 120+ cards, including a new region. Card and champion reveals will begin soon and continue through launch. The new set will be playable on April 28 on PC.
- At launch, LoR will feature 7 regions, 35 champions, and more than 400 cards.
- As a special thank you to beta players and everyone who joins at launch, all accounts that log in to LoR by 11:59 PM, May 7 PT will receive an exclusive Moonstruck Poro Guardian.
Launch Announcement & FAQ
The wait is finally over: LoR officially launches on PC and Mobile April 30!
Riot Games has compiled the details below in an FAQ for you, but here are a few things everyone should know right up front:
- No content wipe—you’ll keep everything you’ve earned or purchased so far!
- Cross-platform play and accounts—play and earn rewards on both mobile or PC.
- Beta Season will end and a new Ranked season will begin—see below for more details.
And most exciting of all: LoR will launch with a brand new set of 120+ cards, including a new region!
Card and champion reveals will begin soon and continue through launch—make sure to subscribe to the LoR social channels to see them as soon as they’re revealed!
- YOUTUBE: https://youtube.com/legendsofruneterra
- TWITCH: https://twitch.tv/riotgames
- INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/legendsofruneterra
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/playruneterra
- FACEBOOK: https://facebook.com/legendsofruneterra
Read on for more details about what you can expect from the launch and beyond.
Legends of what now?
Set in the world of League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra is the strategy card game where skill, creativity, and cleverness determine your success. If you’re new here, check out our Announce FAQ from last year for a bunch more info, or just watch this:
What’s the new region?
When can I play with the next set of cards?
The next set of cards comes to PC with Patch 1.0, which will go out at approximately 10 AM, April 28 PT.
Card and champion reveals will begin soon and continue through April 27, when we’ll make data for the new set available to third-party developers—head to your favourite community site or app to check out the full reveal!
When can I play on mobile?
Once they release Patch 1.0 to PC, they will begin distributing the mobile client to the Play Store and App Store. Depending on where you live, it may take anywhere from 4 to 48 hours for you to see the app in your store.
On April 30, mobile should be fully live in all launch regions and LoR will officially be launched!
Note: LoR will not be launching in China or Vietnam at this time.
How will accounts work on mobile?
While a Riot account will not be required to access LoR on mobile, they strongly encourage you to use your existing Riot account (or create one), as a Riot account is required for cross-platform play and sharing your account progress between PC and mobile. (They also can’t help you out with account recoveries if it’s not a Riot account.)
If you do not have a Riot account, you can create one when you first log in, or in the “Settings” menu if you originally log in on mobile using your Google Play or App Store account.
What are LoR’s minimum specs and supported operating systems?
- 64-bit Windows 7, 8.1 or 10
- 3 GHz processor
- 4 GB RAM
- GPU with 512MB+ VRAM
- Mac OS
- Not supported
- Arm64 processor
- NOTE: We do not recommend 1GB RAM devices such as the iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPad Air 1. Legends of Runeterra is available for download on these devices but you may experience poor performance or interruptions when playing.
- OS 5.0
- 2 GB RAM
- GPU Adreno 306 & equivalents or better
What languages and regions will LoR support at launch?
LoR currently supports English, Korean, Japanese, French, Italian, German, and Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), and Portuguese (Brazil). With the launch, they will add Traditional Chinese (text only), Turkish, and Russian.
Is there a beta reward?
As a special thank you to their beta players and everyone who joins us at launch, all accounts that log in to LoR by 11:59 PM, May 7 PT will receive an exclusive Moonstruck Poro Guardian. The next day, they will begin distributing the reward, and you should see it in your collection within 24 hours. If you still don’t see your Guardian after 48 hours, please contact player support. Don’t worry, your poro pal will wait for you.
What will the Ranked reset look like?
The end of beta will also bring an end to LoR’s first and only Beta Season. Once we launch, you’ll earn a Beta Season-exclusive icon based on the highest tier you reached to commemorate your first climb in Ranked LoR.
They will then partially reset ranks for LoR’s first post-launch season:
- Master accounts will drop 800LP (8 divisions)
- Diamond and Platinum accounts will drop 750LP (7 divisions + 50LP)
- Gold and Silver accounts will drop 675LP (6 divisions + 75LP)
- Bronze and Iron accounts will reset to Iron IV
You’ll then have about two months to climb as high as you can before the Ranked reward is granted. Look for more info on the new season in the launch edition of our patch notes.
How will things change now that beta is ending?
Beyond mobile and new cards, “launch” mostly signifies that we’re now confident LoR’s core game and progression are in good shape for a wider audience. They are ready to ramp up content, add more features, and bring in new players while maintaining regular updates every two weeks, and balance changes once per month. After launch, they will share further detail on our roadmap for the rest of 2020.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here