Sakura Wars is ready to take the West by storm with its all-star production on PlayStation 4, including legendary manga artist Tite Kubo! Find out more in SEGA’S launch trailer.
Step into a breathtaking alternate version of 1940s Tokyo, where steampunk technology powers everything from public transportation to the homes and structures that line the streets. At the heart of the city is the Grand Imperial Theater. Here, the theater’s stars sing and dance to distract audiences from their hardships and raise their collective spirits.
But behind the scenes, these performers are part of something grander. They serve in the Flower Division, a covert combat unit within the Imperial Combat Revue, protecting Tokyo from inside giant mechs powered by the heightened spiritual energy each pilot possesses. However, they’re no longer the prestigious crew they once were, and they are facing disbandment.
A demanding set of challenges lays ahead. As captain Seijuro Kamiyama, you will lead this inexperienced squad. Other combat revues are proving they’re better at their jobs. The Grand Imperial Theater, your headquarters, is losing money rapidly. Worse yet, hordes of demonic forces are advancing upon Tokyo at this time of immense weakness
It’s up to you to forge meaningful relationships with your fellow squad members, prove the Flower Division has what it takes to defend Tokyo in the Combat Revue World Games tournament, and fight back those demons to restore peace to the world.
From Sketch to Screen
Each of the characters in Sakura Wars was handled by one of our renowned guest artists (each of whom has had a tremendous impact on JRPG, anime, and manga culture). Here is the talented team who worked on the game:
Main Character Design: Tite KuboGuest Character Design:
- Shanghai Combat Revue: Yukiko Horiguchi
- London Combat Revue: BUNBUN
- Berlin Combat Revue: Fumikane Shimada
- Itsuki Saijou and Hiromi Hongou: Noizi Ito
- Hakushu Murasame: Shigenori Soejima
- Grand Imperial Peanut: Ken Sugimori
Beyond the visual spectacle, Sakura Wars received another huge creative contribution from legendary composer Kohei Tanaka who provided the indelible soundtrack!
In one more bit of news, SEGA are excited to add Sakura Wars to the vaunted list of titles included in the announcement SEGA are joining the PlayStation Wallpapers program! Show off your love for Sakura Wars and Tite Kubo by downloading a set of free wallpapers to and adorn your desktop PC, phone, PSN profile, or other devices with the gorgeous art featured in the game.
Details on the Digital and Physical Editions
SEGA have new information to share regarding our Digital Standard ($59.99) and Digital Deluxe ($79.99) Editions that are available starting now! Let’s give you a quick refresher of what SEGA previously divulged:
What You Get with the Digital Deluxe and Digital Standard Editions
- Imperial Combat Revue PS4 Dynamic Theme featuring the character designs of Tite Kubo
- Neko Ears Add-on Bundle
By upgrading to the Digital Deluxe Edition, you will receive:
- Legacy of Love Add-on Bundle: a pack of costumes and background music (BGM) paying tribute to:
- The Flower Division of the Imperial Combat Revue (Sakura Wars 1, Sakura Wars 2: Thou Shalt Not Die)
- The Flower Division of the Paris Combat Revue (Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?)
- The Star Division of the New York Combat Revue (Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love)
- Charming Accessories Add-on Bundle, which includes
- Glasses Bundle
- Dog Tail Accessory Bundle
- Angel Accessory Bundle
- Swimsuit DLC Bundle
And now SEFA are adding more value. Early adopters of either digital edition will also receive 3 Combat Revue PS4 Dynamic Themes featuring the character designs of Yukiko Horiguchi, BUNBUN, and Fumikane Shimada. Digital Deluxe buyers furthermore receive 2 Static Themes, featuring more of Tite Kubo’s gorgeous designs on top of that! That’s 5 different ways to savor the art of Sakura Wars’ legendary creative contributors on your PlayStation 4 home screen, all at no extra charge.
Additionally, the Deluxe Add-On Bundle ($19.99) is now available through PSN. This set contains all the extra add-on content featured in the Digital Deluxe Edition—perfect for those who either pick up the physical edition of Sakura Wars or want to upgrade their Digital Standard Edition.
Finally, a reminder of the physical launch edition and its special bonuses:
What You Get with the Physical Launch Edition
- Theater Costume Add-On Bundle
- Reversible cover art
- Sticker set featuring the main cast
For more information visit the official website: https://games.sega.com/sakurawars/. And the adventure doesn’t stop after the final bow—When you’re done playing, the story continues in Sakura Wars the Animation, available to stream on Funimation!
Sakura Wars Features:
- Dramatic Character Interactions—Engage with a colorful cast through the dynamic LIPS dialogue system where what you say and how you say it has a profound impact on relationships off and on the battlefield.
- Exciting Combat Payoffs—Your bonds with team members flow into the high-energy combat finale of each episode, featuring action-packed fights with giant steam-powered mecha.
- Brilliant Anime Production—Gorgeous animated sequences, a lush soundtrack, and characters designed by anime and JRPG luminaries will transport you into a vibrant 1940s steampunk Tokyo.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here