Ship of Heroes has put out a newsletter which closed and summarized the free play Community Event. Here are some details below and some new images to check out.
- The Ship of Heroes developer team held a free two-week community event that just ended. The event was a huge success, more than doubling the number of people who participated in their previous event.
- Players were allowed to run through an actual developer map, with all the warts and all of the new content included. Updates and improvements requested by the community were implemented each day during the event.
- The new content included a controller archetype, sixty new costume pieces, combat, leveling up to level 20, fully-functional vendors, and a first look at the gathering and crafting system for Ship of Heroes.
- The setting for the event was Apotheosis City, which is a beautiful, futuristic city set in a giant generational spaceship in Ship of Heroes.
- The developers have re-established their day/night cycle in the city, and loaded the nighttime with enemies, which was particularly challenging.
- Several special events (Riots) were held during the two-week long open house. In a couple of these, alien bosses completely owned the players (and the Devs). But it was still very, very fun.
- What this SoH event really shows is that these developers are closing in on an actual launch of the game. As with most games that are nine months from launch, there is a lot to fix or improve, but the basic game is working.
The next big thing that the developers have announced is an Invasion Test sometime in the next three months. They will be looking for 30-50 players to test a desperate battle against invading aliens. Launch is still scheduled for the end of 2020.
For more info head here https://www.shipofheroes.com/community-event-success/
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here